Quantcast

Tell us something about yourself most people would find unlikely for you...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
McGRP01 said:
I play trombone, euphonium and tuba. I've played since I was in 4th grade. I enjoy playing jazz, but playing symphonic trombone is my true love. :)
i play classical trumpet and piano, formerly with this group among others, and now with this group out west. i also try to compose: my goal for this year is to crank out a fugue for each and every key.

here's an mp3 of my chamber group from spring 2003: http://students.washington.edu/tjclark/Copland-Quiet_City.mp3

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Curb Hucker said:
I'm the guy who will help the lady changing a tire in the rain by herself
However, if you drive by real fast and spray water all over her....you might be able to get a date with her. After the nice guy finishes changing her tire, she may meet up with you ,at your place so she can dry off her clothes..the mean jerk way. you can't argue with the results.

hahahaha...man I'm bitter....it must be Jan. 24th

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847012/

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ciaran said:
Toshi is a rennaissance man! Dude, do you paint, and write as well? Is there anything that you don't do?
no, my creativity is very confined. :D

steve45

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Dundee, Scotland
dispite being scottish and a groundskeeper(assistant), i'm NOT called willy and i dont sound much like him either, i do however enjoy listening to bagpipes and folk music.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
< my parents think im crazy and make me see a shrink for 150 dollars and hour yet still refuse to pay for my clothes. :mad:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
that while I look like a straight right wing cop and play a fireman in real life, I used to partake in any mind altering substance I could get my hands on as long as it didn't involve using needles. and I can't stand mainstream or classic rock, give me hard core punk anyday.

A straight mind is a total waste of a good twist

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
OK. I don't know if this is unlikely because no one really knows me but,
I collect 70s horror films especially Hammer films with Christopher Lee and all the films of Dario Argento.
I used to write soundtrack music and wrote scores for a few indy projects and finally got a chance to work on a real commercial and get paid but choked.
This lead me to meet a local film professor that was writing a script and wanted me to score it and introduced me to a casting director that got me into acting.
I auditioned for Road Trip but choked..... Flew out to L.A. did a few more auditions and got REALLY creeped out by the whole scene and called it quits and concentrated on a regular job.
All this is out of character because I'm an introvert and I hate people.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I got in a fight over butter in High School and got caught stealing hair dye from Walmart. I am never allowed in another Walmart for the rest of my life.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
stosh said:
I got in a fight over butter in High School and got caught stealing hair dye from Walmart. I am never allowed in another Walmart for the rest of my life.
Why hair dye?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I was a club DJ and I played drums in a small band with Chris O'Connor who went on to form the I-Rails (mid 80's in the Ventura/Oxnard/UCSB area where they often played with Toad the Wet Sprocket).

Eventually the I-Rails became the Primitive Radio Gods (had a hit with the long-ass titled "Standing outside a broken phone booth with money in my hand" which can be found on the Cable Guy soundtrack.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
DVNT said:
OK. I don't know if this is unlikely because no one really knows me but,
I collect 70s horror films especially Hammer films with Christopher Lee and all the films of Dario Argento.
Awesome!!! Italian horror movies rule. You like Mario Bava?
<-- Check the avatar.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
hm, i'm a super DOrk and do small work for a couple Fan-Subs groups.
ANIME for the regular people.
do a search on google for more info.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
ROCKLAND said:
Awesome!!! Italian horror movies rule. You like Mario Bava?
<-- Check the avatar.

Yeah, the Mask of Satan. Although I must confess that's the only one of his I've seen.

I started collecting Argento's stuff, well actually before DVDs where around :help: So I had to order bootleg copies of stuff from Europe.
I also like Lucio Fulci stuff and Michele Sloavi who did the Church series and my favorite Dellamorte Dellamore.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
stosh said:
when I did get busted I had like 60$ in my pocket. I could have paid for it.
So you were to embarrased to pay for it?

Afraid the cute pregnant teenager at the check out counter would tell you are too old for emo? :D

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
DHS said:
hm, i'm a super DOrk and do small work for a couple Fan-Subs groups.
ANIME for the regular people.
do a search on google for more info.

Is this like Hentai stuff? I'm too lazy for search engines today and if it is then i don't wanna be searching for that at work.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I was qualified to carry an M-16, M-203, 249, and 9MM. I also have experience with LAW rockets.

I attended a course on how to rig explosives (c4, blasting caps, det cord, shock cord, explosive foam, TNT).

Went to school for Fine Art... can reproduce Van Gogh paintings, as well as Janet Fish... Also do my own work.

Slightly active with the local Homeless Pets organizations.

Can make Cherry and Apple pie from scratch (this includes climbing the tree and picking the fruit).

My favorite piece of clothing that I own is a light pink and black floral kimono style robe.

I never get lost.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
dh girlie said:
What role would you have played? The nerd who bangs the fat chick? :D

Yep! I'm pretty sure it would have been
It was a strange audition it was just Ivan Reitman (sp?) and the Casting Director. No prep for it just walk in stand in front of the camera and tell them a funny story.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i used to be really fat (5'8" 215 pounds), smoked, did a lot of heavy drugs and was really really lazy. lost about 70 pounds in a year, quit smoking, laid off the heavy drugs, started riding bikes, running, doing yoga. I became a food coach to a few friends and my boss. I hope to get a job working with nutritional education in the inner city or public school system. i also plan on getting certified to be a personal trainer or instructor of some sort.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
MudGrrl said:
I was qualified to carry an M-16, M-203, 249, and 9MM. I also have experience with LAW rockets.

I attended a course on how to rig explosives (c4, blasting caps, det cord, shock cord, explosive foam, TNT).

Went to school for Fine Art... can reproduce Van Gogh paintings, as well as Janet Fish... Also do my own work.

Slightly active with the local Homeless Pets organizations.

Can make Cherry and Apple pie from scratch (this includes climbing the tree and picking the fruit).

My favorite piece of clothing that I own is a light pink and black floral kimono style robe.

I never get lost.
Wow! Gotta love a girl that can bake an apple pie, blow sh!t up, and never bug you to ask for directions!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
bballboy388 said:
and u like mountain biking???
Not only does she like it....she kicks a** at it!!! Took 1st Place Pro Women 4X at Aspen and 4th overall. Leanna you're right, I never would have guessed that you were that much of a city girl...lol!

As for me....I enjoy the opera. Carmen is my favorite, I've seen it 3 times already! I was in a sorority (some have a hard time believing it, some don't). Despite my spacey behavior at times, I have some brains underneath it all and actually have a degree in Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering. And I'm afraid of fresh water fish!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
dh girlie said:
Don't try that with the precious stone ring you're planning to buy...you might get put in jail.
I was like 17 and stealing for fun....if that makes any sense.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stosh said:
I was like 17 and stealing for fun....if that makes any sense.
It does... I did something similar... got busted shoplifting when I was 16... boy was my dad pissed!