Quantcast

Tentative dates for 2009 Carters Lake Series

Taz

Monkey
Sep 22, 2001
Granite, lots of granite
Here are the tentative dates for the 2009 Carters Lake Series. We must get our permits purchased from USACE before they are final. We are working that now. These are the same weekends we used for the 2008 series. I will update this thread when these become etched in stone.

7 June 2009
4 October 2009
1 November 2009

OffCamber

Monkey
May 27, 2005
Loxahatchee, Fl
Taz, I copied and pasted the info for the race on Freeridesouth.com in the General forum. Some of the guys in Florida have come up for different events. I Hope to make one this year.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
thanks for the heads up that the June race has been canceled :rant::rant::banghead:

http://www.ridesofa.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
May 14, 2009: We are canceling the first race in the series this year. Due to conflicting schedules, we haven't had time to prepare as we should. We want to put on a quality race and keep it as fun as the previous events have been.

We'll focus on the fall, and look forward to seeing everyone then.
would have been good to know BEFORE i took those days off from work :rant:

brokeONE

Monkey
Feb 2, 2002
asheville,NC
does anyone have pictures of past races? How far from asheville is it( it's says 4hours on google map but I didn't think it was that far)?

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Month out isn't THAT unreasonable a heads up - even if it was posted before you took vacay, it still wouldn;t have been soon enough for somebody else.

BrokeOne - there are several pic threads if you search this forum as well as a few clips on Youtube.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i know....just dissapointed. i put in for those days on may 12 and im kicking myself for not waiting til later but in my unit i have to be fairly prompt on the time off request. oh well, i think i can make the 9/27 race...i was just looking forward to something that noah and i could race before august.

shakedown

Aug 27, 2007
Atlanta
i know....just dissapointed. i put in for those days on may 12 and im kicking myself for not waiting til later but in my unit i have to be fairly prompt on the time off request. oh well, i think i can make the 9/27 race...i was just looking forward to something that noah and i could race before august.
Go to windrock with the Atl crew :cheers:

and beech is still out there?

Last edited: