Quantcast

Terrible US coverage of Tour.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
My Tivo recorded some CBS sports special, so I scanned through it. It had a tour update that showed that bad crash where a couple guys went over the barrier. (and the T-Mobile guy finished the stage with rocks stuck in his helmet.)

The announcer said - "The tour needs to do something to keep the riders from going so close together - or someone will eventually be hurt worst."

Jeez - at least they could get someone that at least knew a little about cycling to cover it....

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
Okay, I should have qualified that - other than OLN.

Although the stage today was 5 hours long. My TiVo recorded it, and it even took forever to scan through!

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I Are Baboon said:
The CBS tour "finale" has been rediculous the last few years. They do a one hour show that summarizes the entire tour. I mean, why bother?

when I was little, my dad and I watched the tour.
It took me a while to figure out that the tour was longer than one day.

:D

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
mastercycleman said:
another vote for OLN, isnt CBS's segment like 20minutes long. And OLNS is more like an hour and a half. And they dont say too much in the way of stupid:heart: :heart: :heart:
OLN covers it live in the morning and then repeats it from 8pm to 11pm each night. I don't think we could ask for anything more.

I'll probably miss tonight's coverage, but plan to watch tomorrow's ITT live.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trautwig has gotten better but he is still horrible at the live commentary. Last night after Landis finished there was minutes of silence interrupted only by Al the Trout giggling and screaming "god damn" when dessel crashed. I don't know why they think people would prefer to hear him and Bobke over the two brits.