Quantcast

Testing out the helmet cam

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i made a ghetto-rigged helmet cam setup and tested it out yesterday. i just used an old full-face, drilled a hole in the top and put a screw through it. the screw fits the tri-pod mount hole on my camera (using a still camera's video function). with a couple of spacers it mounts nice and steady :thumb:

anyway, a short clip from country park in greensboro. 1st part is trekbro hitting the gap and the 2nd is noah (lil manimal) cruising down the main line. it was loose and dusty but fun :D

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yeah, that step down is fun. a little squirrely on the landing because it's so fast...probably why i haven't hit it on my hardtail yet. but it's a blast on a big bike.

cool side view of it from when it was first built. it's so loose now that it's hard to stop before the 90 degree berm at the bottom of the hill :eek: ;)

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
that's a great start. cool rider, is that your son??

Just focus on keeping your head steady (you did a great job for your first test), like you have a book on top. It's weird at first because you can't double check your line, but your footage will be much smoother and your subject will be in frame.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yes, he's my son.
:D :D

i was concentrating so much on keeping my head still that i nearly lost it in the first berm. it's weird riding like you are one big camera and just dragging the bike along.