Quantcast

Teutenberg Wins in Second Consecutive Stage in Thueringen

Oct 20, 2009
<p>Team Specialized-lululemon won it's second consecutive stage at Thuringen Rundfahrt on Wednesday with Ina-Yoko Teutenberg winning the sprint from a group of 24 riders who came to the line together after 104km stage in Schleiz.</p><p>
</p><p>
In the final lap of the stage Teutenberg's teammate, Emilia Fahlin initiated a break which also had Trixi Worrack and Amber Neben in it from Specialized-lululemon. However the break was caught close to the finish by a chasing group and ended in a small bunch sprint.</p><p>
</p><p>
"We had the perfect situation," said Teutenberg. "Three of us up the road forcing Green Edge to chase. Clara and I were able to sit on the chase and wait for the finish. Our group caught the break shortly before the finish and the girls put me in position for the sprint.</p><p>
</p><p>
"It wasn't all that fast today at the beginning but it was hard again because of the wind and the persistent hills. The sprint was a little scary too but it worked out well. Adrie [Visser] went flying into the corner and I had to back off but I managed a good line around the corner and got a gap."</p>

More...