Quantcast

Teva Links Mid for Whistler?

Black-Diesel

Chimp
Jul 9, 2012
bump - is anyone wearing these shoes for DH?? I have a pair of five tens but i want something with more ankle support when I'm on heavier terrain. Feedback appreciated

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
bump - is anyone wearing these shoes for DH?? I have a pair of five tens but i want something with more ankle support when I'm on heavier terrain. Feedback appreciated
You'll be fine in whistler ! I recently switched from 5.10 - Links. They're perfect for DH. All the support/performance of the 5.10, just less bulky and better traction.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
If you want ankle support, I suggest never relying on a shoe to do it. Wear your preferred shoe with an actual brace. More comfy and secure. To me, thinking a shoe is gonna give you ankle support is like thinking knee pads are gonna protect your ACL.

Tyler Durden

Monkey
Oct 7, 2003
Paper Street
If you want ankle support, I suggest never relying on a shoe to do it. Wear your preferred shoe with an actual brace. More comfy and secure. To me, thinking a shoe is gonna give you ankle support is like thinking knee pads are gonna protect your ACL.
I missed the Ankle support comment. I also wear Mcdavid ankle braces for support with all my DH shoes. I have weak ankles and they provide a lot of support that a shoe cant offer alone. Again the Links are a very good Dh shoe. Like the Biz said, if you need support then wear a brace.

Last edited by a moderator: