Quantcast

Teva Mountain Games returns to Vail, CO

Feb 13, 2007
Teva Mountain Games, June 5-8 in Vail Colorado

The Teva Mountain Games brings amateur and professional roadies, X-Country riders and the next generation of freeriders together for an epic weekend of competitions, huge parties and concerts. For two-wheelers of all abilities, the Teva Mountains Games tests your skills above 8,000 ft. This nationally televised event will broadcast your feats to millions and give all athletes a chance at $100,000 in cash prizes!

$30,000 Cycling Specific Cash Purse

The Teva Mountain Games wants you and your team to join us in Vail, Colorado!

For more information and to register please visit www.TevaMountainGames.com

--- Cycling Events ---
  • SoBe® Slopestyle
  • SoBe® X-Country
  • SoBe® Freeride
  • Road Bike Hill Climb
  • Short Course MTB Criterion
  • Tri-Cycle

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Dude, I ain't gonna do that crap! Yet I am gonna miss you big Mike, and your dog as I will be in Scotland racing in round 3 of the WC at the Fort:) Whose dog are you talking about by the way, I don't have a dog! Are you referring to my brother?

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
I'm thinking about going to Scotland too and turning the keys to the MSC over to Cawley for the weekend. I'm sure everything will work out fine...

You two enjoy your hagus, I will be at Sol Vista, wish that there went conflicts with so many awesome events this year, but there are only so many weekends, no Teva for me, but definitely Sol Vista.

Mike any word on the Telluride/Crankworx Colorado conflict?

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
Its a damn good thing I love sheep stomach or whatever it is! Mike, dude, screw the MSC, come travel around Europe with us and feast on hagus everyday! Wait, Cawley, nah, you don't want him burning the MSC house down:)

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
Its a damn good thing I love sheep stomach or whatever it is! Mike, dude, screw the MSC, come travel around Europe with us and feast on hagus everyday! Wait, Cawley, nah, you don't want him burning the MSC house down:)
hey brian. hagus eating compitition in ft bill next summer? you going down.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
You two enjoy your hagus, I will be at Sol Vista, wish that there went conflicts with so many awesome events this year, but there are only so many weekends, no Teva for me, but definitely Sol Vista.

Mike any word on the Telluride/Crankworx Colorado conflict?
Well, there's a Winter Park guy posting on MTBR.com Colorado forum that the MSC should pay more attention to dates before we make our schedule. You can cruise over there to see it, (http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=376820) but here are a few facts:

1. neither the Crankworx guys of the WP guys bothered to call us to inquire about scheduling conflicts. What calls were made were initiated by us (the longstanding local gravity series,) not by them.
2. our date in Telluride, while not publicly published until January 1, has actually been set since late July of 2007
3. when we did reach the Crankworx guys we were told flat out that they wouldn't even consider moving their date. With that olive branch so diplomatically extended by them we attempted (and unfortunately failed) to move ours. Why did we do that? For you, the rider. Welcome to CO fellas, thanks for playing nice with the locals!

It's a bummer that there's a conflict, but at this point, it is what it is. Crankworx is a great promotion and product. Clearly those guys know what their doing. For our part, we have CJ Timing on board, a huge free party with food, state champions jerseys for all the winners of DH, SD and XC comps and a World Cup DH course that will demand you bring your very best A-game to come out on top. Plus, it's Telluride. It's friggin' awesome.

Mike

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Evan's talking some crazy shee-ite about making state champions jerseys pink this year. I'm letting him run with it for a while because it seems to make him happy, but inevitably I'm going to have to snap his leash.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
For you Beast, we're knitting one. It'll look like a big droopy Forenza sweater. It'll also come with matching legwarmers and some Reebok aerobics shoes.

MikeMac

Monkey
May 18, 2006
Well, technically anything is possible, but for 2008 it's looking more and more like we're going to have to live with the conflict and resolve to do a better job in 2009.

It's too bad - the knitted sweater/jersey/legwarmer/aerobic shoe combos are FANtastic. I've got the ladies here at the senior center in Summit County with their noses to the grindstone.