Quantcast

teva mountain games

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
cool event good to see everyone out there, yourself included. just pissed off that i got tossed like a rag doll and couldn't ride all day/night

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah I was just looking at your littermag feature and got into an argument about how to pronounce it.

He got all uppity because I said teevuh and bragged about living in flagstaff (home of faggy sandal wearing faggoty fags I guess).

He told me I was wrong so I just told him I'm rich enough to afford shoes with tops and really don't worry about pronouncing it correctly.

He's crying now.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
It's pronounced "teh'-vah" and means "nature" in Hebrew. Velo Pro in Goleta is around the corner from one of their offices and I used to wrench on the owners bikes, including his bad ass Rohloff equipped, 3-wheel recumbant and various Titus exogrid bikes.

Stoked that Andrew won, bummed that Alex R. wasn't allowed to enter! Thanks for getting the poacher shots of Alex! Mad steeze!

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
im with spomer, always has been said that way. i wanted to ninja chop the announcers in the jugular everytime they said it

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
im with spomer, always has been said that way. i wanted to ninja chop the announcers in the jugular everytime they said it
The announcers were saying it that way because (I'm sure) the fine people at Teva demonstrated the proper pronounciation to them beforehand. After all, they were the title sponsor of the event...People typically say it Tea-Vah but that doesn't mean it's correct...