Quantcast

Texas Here I Come

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
while texas is not even close to being in my list of top 10 places to live, that does look like a pretty nice place.

good luck with the move and hope you enjoy it!

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Not austin.

Lived in houston, it's screwed. Have friends in dallas, it's great if you like traffic jams and strip malls (I don't consider "shopping" as a hobby).

Austin is laid back with lots of riding. Notrees in those pictures, I am betting dallas.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
Srsly.

Something is fvcked up if you move to Texas out of choice.
yea lets see. i can stay in CT and pay the same rent for a 3br apt in a SHARED house. continue to live paycheck to paycheck and sometimes under. enjoy the ice, snow and cold for the better part of 4 or 5 months a year. OR

i can rent by myself a 4br house, 2 car garage WITH master br/bathroom suite (d*mn i've never had one of those EVER). i can ride for the better part of the year...almost year long. and take my salary/job with me but cut costs in every other way.

hhhhhmmm...yea i must be crazy for going :crazy:

Shaddup. Remember the 300% state tax just incorporated and the 19 weeks of snow we just dug out from??? It's hell here.
nice try but the lease is signed and money has been wired for the security deposit. see ya soon bitch. :biggrin:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dont fergit the fire ants...nasty little buggers...

(And the BBQ, and the Shiner Bock, and the Mexican food. Damn, maybe I need to move...)

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Is there nothing I can say to talk you out of it???

The snakes, damn the snakes here.
It's funny to hear Loco squeal.

Wait until you round a corner and one of these is crossing the trail.

Copperhead: They only get about 4', but it's big enough.

I know they are around, but I've yet to see a rattlesnake.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
You get used to the heat. We ride when it is 100+ out here. Just bring plenty of water and fill your camelback with ice before you put cold water in it.

100 oz is the minimum down here. I use that plus a 1 quart flask and then I have a gatorade before we start.

It also makes the cold beer at the end taste better.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I lived in Bedford when I was little. When they put the sod down for the yard, it was 112 outside.

There were a lot of houses in our neighborhood that had white stone for a front lawn.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
It's funny to hear Loco squeal.

Wait until you round a corner and one of these is crossing the trail.

Copperhead: They only get about 4', but it's big enough.

I know they are around, but I've yet to see a rattlesnake.
Bunny hop it? Or just run it right over it aiming for the head?

We have Mojave greens and Sidewinders here, but they dont get near as big. I guess the Mojaves are pretty toxic tho...

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Bunny hop it? Or just run it right over it aiming for the head?

We have Mojave greens and Sidewinders here, but they dont get near as big. I guess the Mojaves are pretty toxic tho...

There usually isn't time to respond so they get runover. If I have time, I stop and let them go on their way.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
there are a number of states that suck vastly more than tejas does climbate wise, but the typical texian.. that's hard to beat suck-wise.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Not austin.

Lived in houston, it's screwed. Have friends in dallas, it's great if you like traffic jams and strip malls (I don't consider "shopping" as a hobby).

Austin is laid back with lots of riding. Notrees in those pictures, I am betting dallas.
while traffic in Dallas sucks, Austin is gridlocked from 4 - 6pm every day. i miss everything about Austin except the traffic.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
looks like those houses up by my boss...Wylie, Sachse, Murphy area. all those little suburbs blend into giant suburbia-land.