Quantcast

texas marine to pay out-of-state tuition

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Well, it kinda sucks but it's no big deal. Work for a year and save some cash while you re-establish your resedency.

Doesn't really seem news worthy.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
Well, it kinda sucks but it's no big deal. Work for a year and save some cash while you re-establish your resedency.

Doesn't really seem news worthy.
They were reporting on grease seizing up fire hydrants on the news this evening. Seemed boring.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Wait, a US military person is not getting the respect or education breaks they deserve because government lameness?

Who da thunk it?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
H8R said:
Wait, a US military person is not getting the respect or education breaks they deserve because government lameness?

Who da thunk it?
He should definitely stage a protest outside the Prez's ranch.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
at first i thought he was getting screwed but he moved out of state with his parents and didnt come back when they did then joined. so he's not a resident.
On the flipside he's severed and i think they should be a little lenient. That would help us get a few more bodies on the front line.
But if he had never lived here then he should have to pay out of state.
I guess my biggest point here is we need more bodies on the front line.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Transcend said:
he moved, why shoudl he get in state tuition? retard.
Yeah, I mean he moved out of Texas with his family before he joined the service...I don't really see his problem here. I would be able to see his point if he only moved from Texas when he joined the service...

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
The Toninator said:
On the flipside he's severed and i think they should be a little lenient. That would help us get a few more bodies on the front line.
If I were severed I would hope they'd be lenient. :rolleyes:

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
He's been in 8.5 years so he should be pulling E5 pay with around 3-4 years time in grade. Being in Iraq for two tours and getting combat pay, he should have plenty of money saved up...$3000 should be nothing for him.

Although he expects the federal government to pay
for his studies, Basham said he won't receive GI benefits for
several more months.
Must've been a paperwork f*ck up on his part. When I got discharged from the Marines in July 2003, I went back to Virginia Tech that August and I got my GI Bill money right away.

Either this guy needs to suck it up and wait a year, or just pay the freaking $3000.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
the Inbred said:
that is what i was thinking, but apparently, he's going to be on 3 different morning talk/variety/news shows.
I guess it's more news worthy than I thought. heh heh Slow news day in Texas. You'd think that they would have an execution to cover. (just kidding)

And no. We don't need more bodies on the front line. But I would like to see more benefits for soldiers, especially disabled soldiers.(but that's a discussion for the PD forum)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Ciaran said:
I guess it's more news worthy than I thought. heh heh Slow news day in Texas. You'd think that they would have an execution to cover. (just kidding)
no your not we kill lots of killers and proud of it too, in fact the college i went to is directly across the street from the 'Walls' that's the place where they kill the killers (and shop lifters.)

yea it's slow except for the terrorist that quit her post (vigil) outside of bushs ranch. her mother got sick. but good riddance to her too she's actually already talked to bush but for some reason believes she deserves another meeting. my mother said she's was going up there to kick her ass but then that chic left, she must have gotten word.