Quantcast

Texas vs. Humanity

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Abortion fascism and unrestricted open carry? Straight after a national eviction moratorium?

I just… How United are you anymore? Surely this is the final intolerable thing. Surely there is a limit?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
TX can go out alone for all I care. I for one won't be spending any time nor money in Texas.

Nobody can say this is a surprise. This was the foundation for the evangelical Christian block's support for the former guy.

I do like the talk of a Sexless Texas boycott.

The open carry law isn't really unique.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Assuming someone will get shot walking into a PP, and then the irony will open up a black hole and consume the solar system

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Abortion fascism and unrestricted open carry? Straight after a national eviction moratorium?
Yeah - the open carry thing is a non-issue here, and has been... basically forever. The abortion shit is bullshit and the Texan population should be ashamed of themselves for electing these dum dum assholes in the legislature.

Then again... there are a *lot* of dum dum asshole voters in Texas that support these dum dums in the legislature.

I just… How United are you anymore? Surely this is the final intolerable thing. Surely there is a limit?
We've never really been all that united... maybe during the 2nd WW we were sorta close?

Limit? Are you new to this planet? We have an over-abundance of fucking morans here.

What you should *really* have on your list instead of the open-carry thing is the fucking voter suppression bullshit they *also* passed into law. :mad:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My parents and my sister are the primary and secondary guardians for the girls if we die. They have all moved to TX. Wifey and I had been talking about having Wifey's cousin (like a sister), who lives in Bay Area, becoming their guardian instead. Plan is now to call her this weekend to discuss. No way in hell I'm okay with the girls moving to fucking bible country, Handmaid's Tale land.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
My parents and my sister are the primary and secondary guardians for the girls if we die. They have all moved to TX. Wifey and I had been talking about having Wifey's cousin (like a sister), who lives in Bay Area, becoming their guardian instead. Plan is now to call her this weekend to discuss. No way in hell I'm okay with the girls moving to fucking bible country, Handmaid's Tale land.
Yes, I have daughters and this is just wild to me. Totally sympathise! I would be doing the same.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yes, I have daughters and this is just wild to me. Totally sympathise! I would be doing the same.
Should be interesting when we tell our families. It was a big deal when my parents & sister were the guardians, not having anyone from her family (10yrs ago). Normally in a realignment like this, we'd shift my parents out and add her 32 y/o sister - to keep younger, but adult, family members as guardians - but she's in TN. This will have us straight shifting from just my family, away from all "available" parents and siblings, to a cousin halfway across the country, who has no interaction with either my family or Wifey's dad/stepmom's families. It's a really fucking big deal in our family that we're very likely going to be making this shift. We also have some very close family friends (want kids but can't have kids) who we would potentially add before we sent the girls to TX/TN.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
S says way to go.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Do your part:

I had to change the state to "Texas" instead of "Theocracy" to make the form work. Cited mass murders in the bible where women and children were killed by god. Hope they do something about this soon.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Should be interesting when we tell our families.
Your kids, your decision. Why tell anyone else? I can see arguments for and against even having that discussion.

I fully support making planning decisions based on how you want your kids raised more than family ties, especially when family has shown questionable judgment.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Surely in Texas you could say that the foetus threatened you so you ended it.......?
It's coming right for us!

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Well, it wouldn’t surprise me if the fetus was packin’, so there ya go.
Just like the elephants that Bob Parsons likes to shoot at.
"Each year I go to Zimbabwe and hunt problem elephant. It's one of the most beneficial and rewarding things I do," he wrote in his description of the video, posted March 14.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If you call it consensual and don't admit it happened, you eliminated it.

1631070960553.png