Quantcast

~~~tgif gmt 6/14~~~

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
<crickets peeping>
Good morning monkeys! Where is everyone this fine day?

Long day for me today as my kids have a solo festival afterschool and then I am hoping to get a ride in too. Can't wait to see my brother...he was playing with a slingshot last night and it broke, smashed him in the face and caused a bit of damage. He broke his nose and rather than getting stitched on his nose and above his eye, the ER used their Nu-skin stuff. He's coming over tonight and I can't wait to see the damage (yes, I am sick like that), but he's afraid to scare Syd...who will think it's cool I am sure!

Tomorrow morning is trail maintenance and then it's the Tour de Cure ride. We're debating between the metric century and the century (depends on weather I guess). Good times!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What up, hairy knuckle dragging primates? I took today off to prep for a houseful of intruders tomorrow. I've already been to two grocery stores this morning and cleaning has commenced.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Morning.

Coffee cup is empty once again...damn it. Weather here is dumping rain at the moment. Probably no ride today. Bleh. Tomorrow's supposed to be sunny...Sunday=teh suck. It's freakin' JUNE!!! Where's my sun??!??

No real plans for the next couple of days...

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Morning everyone!

Finally caught up and finished Lost last night. Now what am I going to watch?

First day out of the sling 1 week later after the shoulder surgery. Its feeling SO much better already. Also down to 2 pain meds a day now. Might go for 1 today. I hope once the swelling mellows out more, I will get all of my range of movement back and hopefully get back on a bike soon. Also starting back at the gym next week. Pumped.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
TGIF! We leave for Grants Pass tonight to camp and race this weekend. I posted pics from my last trip in the ride report forum....enjoy!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Morning all. Been busting my ass in the backyard this weekend. Removed deck yesterday, 3 tons of sand and gravel showing today, then off for 300sq ft of pavers. The good news is that my fork showed yesterday so I have a complete Mt. Bike again. :weee: I may just say fvck the yard and go for a ride. Its supposed to be 90 degrees today, thats too hot for yard work right?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
watched enough of last night's Celts game to know that i didn't need see the whole thing.

finished my shots of The National...solid show.

rode into work today. gotta get faster. maybe a long ride this weekend.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Shhhhhhhhhhhh .............................. I'm going for a bike ride Sunday.............

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
:think:
I approve of this message.
Thanks!!

Fawk man, do you have kids? I don't know how people do it..... I really don't... raising them is easy but finding time do do anything else is IMPOSSIBLE!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
when the kids are under 4-5 or so, yeah...it's tough. but hell, it's doable. when we lived in ireland our kids were ~2 and 4 years old. during that time we visited belgium, paris, denmark, prague, southern spain, stockholm, canary islands and did plenty of trips around ireland.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
when the kids are under 4-5 or so, yeah...it's tough. but hell, it's doable. when we lived in ireland our kids were ~2 and 4 years old. during that time we visited belgium, paris, denmark, prague, southern spain, stockholm, canary islands and did plenty of trips around ireland.
Yeah I have a 10month old and an almost 3yr old. The summer should be better because my wife won't be working but still it's tough.... When our kids are 2 and 4 it will be much easier.