Quantcast

TGIF, well, not really.

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Aah, thank God it's friday. Another weekend I can try to get to fix my mountain bike for the spring next month. BUT WAIT!!! What sound breaketh's through yonder cell phoneth!!? Tis my 80 year old Mother with another project for me to do, THIS WEEKEND!! AAARRRRGGG!!! :rant: Last week, I found out friday that she had my Saturday taken... and once again, tonight, looking forward to getting my bike tuned up, I find out THIS Saturday I have to figure out why her house alarm isnt' working with my brother... :rant::mad: Sunday I'm skiing and Monday's booked. So here we go again!

She's 80 and she fell backwards down a staircase a few days after Christmas and I started helping her around the house for a few weeks figuring she'd get better and she is... but now I find myself helping out a lot more and she keeps finding projects for me every weekend now and I find out RIGHT before the weekend! :rant:

Any monkeys have elderly parents that find themselves in the same position?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Sitting in the field office waiting for my guys to show up to work. Fortunately, we only need people for 1 site today. Doesn't look good for them.

Just got a new 2 week look ahead schedule, and it looks like I don't get a day off until next Monday.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is this the GMT? I can't tell. Last day of ski vacation and I'm kind of happy about that. I am a physically beaten man. Heading the the Park City resort today.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I am going with yes, this is the GMT for the day.

Helped resize a ton of photos for my tattoo artists website last night. Hopefully get some more work done on my shoulder/chest piece soon.

Taco night / my mom's birthday celebration tonight. Pretty pumped to hang out with the family.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Aah, thank God it's friday. Another weekend I can try to get to fix my mountain bike for the spring next month. BUT WAIT!!! What sound breaketh's through yonder cell phoneth!!? Tis my 80 year old Mother with another project for me to do, THIS WEEKEND!! AAARRRRGGG!!! :rant: Last week, I found out friday that she had my Saturday taken... and once again, tonight, looking forward to getting my bike tuned up, I find out THIS Saturday I have to figure out why her house alarm isnt' working with my brother... :rant::mad: Sunday I'm skiing and Monday's booked. So here we go again!

She's 80 and she fell backwards down a staircase a few days after Christmas and I started helping her around the house for a few weeks figuring she'd get better and she is... but now I find myself helping out a lot more and she keeps finding projects for me every weekend now and I find out RIGHT before the weekend! :rant:

you can bitch when you give birth.

ridefast

Monkey
Jan 25, 2006
Not where I'd like
past couple days have been increasingly more uncomfortable, then wake up this morning and finally admit to myself that its the

DAMN FLU :mad:

so yea, my friday and weekend are looking to be reeeeaaaal fun

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Too much snow and ice on the roof, so school was cancelled for the third straight day. I might be working through the summer, but I am getting some good XC ski time in.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Too much snow and ice on the roof, so school was cancelled for the third straight day. I might be working through the summer, but I am getting some good XC ski time in.
do you skate ski?

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO

Would you rather go over and wipe her ass every day like she had to for at least 5 years?

Deal with it. That is what being a son is. Boohoo if you can't put some grease on a bicycle because you have to help your mother do things that she can no longer do on her own. Would you rather her spend the rest of her hard earned money on contractors and other helpers when you can do the same work out of love.

This is such a pathetic post.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I am going with yes, this is the GMT for the day.

Helped resize a ton of photos for my tattoo artists website last night. Hopefully get some more work done on my shoulder/chest piece soon.

Taco night / my mom's birthday celebration tonight. Pretty pumped to hang out with the family.
That cell phone commercial with the dude that says he likes tacos cracks me up. :rofl:

olddogbmxer

Monkey
Aug 9, 2007

Gotta get your priorities straight - once they are gone its like FOREVER.
Been there done that with one parent and now with the other. Don't get to ride, race and ski like I want to but you know what its ok they are at the end of their lives and I still got some time and I can never do enough for them for what they have done for me

BIGHITR

WINNING!
Nov 14, 2007
Maryland, east coast.
Getting a nice cold going here. Gonna go to work and cough and sneeze on everything.
:rofl:

As to some posts, youch! No need to be so harsh. I'm not unhappy Mom's around nor unappreciative that she took care of me as a kid. Just her fall made me come around more to help her out and I guess that was her enjoyment to have someone do stuff for her that now she's expecting I spend every weekend doing projects for her and I got a little frustrated I couldn't do one of mine that I have been wanting to get too recently. Both of my bikes are apart waiting my maintenance. And I got two new forks coming in today which means more and here in Maryland, riding season starts in like three weeks. So there's a bit of a rush to make sure I get my bikes back up and ready.

I figure there are some people out there that are in the same boat and could sympathize but APPARENTLY nobody is... :think: