Quantcast

<<~ TGIS GMT ~>>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh, Hello.

Crazy couple of weeks. I'll tell you about over a beer when i see you next.

Life is short. Have an awesome day.
Bike time?

I am currently rolling out of bed and will begin prepping the bag for two rides today.

Stomach feels like it is currently trying to fold into a pretzel.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Outta bed before the sun so I can try and get in a big bike ride before lunch.

Today marks the last day I will hopefully have to wear contact lenses for a long, long time.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Heading to a small town deep in der Schwartz Wald (Black Forest) to celebrate our former neighbor's 50th birthday. The dinner is Sauerkraut (or all things kraut I'm told). My Frau doesn't like kraut so she's baked a retaliatory dessert of pumpkin pie & pumpkin bread. Amusing if you know how much Germans don't think of pumpkin as a dessert food.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! I've been up since early to make sure I am ready for the trail by 2PM. My shoulder is still sore from Thursday's endo so no twisties today. Thinking about a helmet mount for the go pro to improve the quality of my videos... or maybe I could just ride better.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Coffee and Ibuprofen is whats for starters. Left side above the hip still hurts like hell. every other impact point from lawn darting seems to have calmed down for the most part.

Going to ride at some point this morning, I still have to decide road or dirt

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Today marks the last day I will hopefully have to wear contact lenses for a long, long time.
:homersimpsoncrustyeyes.gif goes here:

Howdy all. Mariko is still sick--puked all over the couch last night after dinner. She crawled into our bed sometime around 4 or 5 this morning, and I allowed it since I correctly assumed she'd go to sleep again.

I'm feeling like an old man myself, what with a milder, non-puking variant of Mariko's virus and muscle aches galore. Ah, the joys of having kids in the house...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning warm up ride is done. Coffee in hand and heading to the other spot to ride with some people's. I hope they like doobie snacks...

It's nipply out there.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
hung w/older kid at chess tournament while wife took younger one to soccer game. then she came and relieved me. afternoon aganda involves leaf fort building w/younger one, beer drinking, and playing "find the thunk" in my suspension with a buddy.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
playing "find the thunk" in my suspension with a buddy.
Did this on the car for about 5min this morning before I stopped caring. All the critical stuff checked out so fuck it. 200k miles and temps in the 20s will do that......guess I'll turn the radio up.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Did this on the car for about 5min this morning before I stopped caring. All the critical stuff checked out so fuck it. 200k miles and temps in the 20s will do that......guess I'll turn the radio up.
had the mystery thunk in my old F350 that I couldn't find. Turned out to be the wheel bearing on the left side was so worn that it was the source of the thunk.. Steers much better since a new bearing and seal were installed

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode during the lunch time today. Leaves are still tons of fun as they have not turned into wet muddy mess, yet. The rest of the day is being spent on fixing storm windows that have not seen any maintenance love for decades. :mad:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
55miles, 5700ft of climbing and 'kin hot for mid-November in CO.

Some impressive trail work being done on chimney gulch as I climbed it to finish the ride.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Currently sitting on the couch with my boys watching some garbage on Netflix. Their mom is on her way to Paris for a week, so I'm solo with them for a week.

Managed to get out for a nice ride this morning. Back on my "skinny" rims. I took the Derby's off yesterday. After 6 rides on the wide rims, I feel like I got a good feel for them, and I can't say I find there's a big advantage. This morning I rode trails with technical climbing, twisty single track, mud, gravel, and rock gardens. I feel the wide rims have a bit more cornering traction in slow speed sections, whereas as today I drifted a couple of times, but it was controlled. but that's about the only benefit I could really feel. I find that wide rims square off tires which makes them "self tracking". I didn't like that feeling. I think it's possible to get used to that feeling, but don't think it's worth dropping $800 for negligible weight loss (10g per rim), and marginal performance gain.

Boys are now going crazy... this is going to be a long week. time for scotch.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Tried out new camera placement and went for a leisurely ride on the hard tail and then crashed in a spot I've crashed at many times before. My success rate rate at this turn is only 50% - I almost always have to put my foot down. This one will hurt for a few days but thankfully nothing more than cuts, scrapes and bruised ribs. I ended up landing in between the rocks where its grassy. Groan. Also - bike is 100% OK. :thumb:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Tried out new camera placement and went for a leisurely ride on the hard tail and then crashed in a spot I've crashed at many times before. My success rate rate at this turn is only 50% - I almost always have to put my foot down. This one will hurt for a few days but thankfully nothing more than cuts, scrapes and bruised ribs. I ended up landing in between the rocks where its grassy. Groan. Also - bike is 100% OK. :thumb:

Oh wow, that was pretty gnarly! :shocked: Glad to hear you are ok.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001

The Midget-groan after you went down was highly entertaining. Much thank

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

dude! glad you're ok! no one needs to see my crashes...

beers were drunk. bike was dis- and re-assembled. more beers were drunk. heads were scratched. more beers were drunk. conclusions were drawn. problem is in shock, not frame or linkage...

Last edited:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
The Midget-groan after you went down was highly entertaining. Much thank

Knocked the wind out of myself and was finding it hard to fill the lungs. The plan was to try a helmet mount to see if the choppy would cut back, it what happens when not paying attention. I'm uploading a more successful portion of the ride to see if youtube's fix it program helps. The go pro stabilzer set up is,more than I want to spend... this crash is also why its a bad idea.