Quantcast

<<~ TGIS GMT ~>>

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
went for a leisurely ride on the hard tail
I think I've isolated your problem... giggle pig would never let you down.

Tales of Brave Aphrodite

I can't fix a bike
I can't fly a kite
I can't hide my head in the sand
I can't shoot my rubber band

No no no, let's go go go
To a pond or a pound or a drag car show

I can't do a cartwheel
I can't explain how I feel
When you can't give a hang
I can't accept it

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The go pro stabilzer set up is,more than I want to spend... this crash is also why its a bad idea.
This video both shows why the gimbal is awesome and how it mounts to a Chesty while being pretty much out of the way:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The last thing I want is a rod strapped to my chest ready to pierce my abnomen in a hard crash
It's parallel to the chest wall so it'd be somewhat difficult to stab oneself with it. There are many poky bits on bikes and on trails already, anyway, so I will make that potential sacrifice at the altar of the gods of video quality.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
It's parallel to the chest wall so it'd be somewhat difficult to stab oneself with it. There are many poky bits on bikes and on trails already, anyway, so I will make that potential sacrifice at the altar of the gods of video quality.
While cumbersome I don't see it as anymore stabby than handlebars. I'm pretty sure I could break the mechanism.

After I viewed your White Ranch video I thought the helmet mount was pretty good, using your neck as a stabilizer saves $300 and reduces your carbon footprint. :thumb:

Highlight of the day is the 3 point buck at 8:54; wind was 25 to 30 so tune out the volume.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@Toshi @Serial Midget
Here is a short clip of me chasing my friends using a chest mounted gimble. I can find out what make/model. The video shot without it was unwatchable by comparison. If you're gonna geek out on video, might was well go full tilt.

I never used any editing sw before this morning. This was done on the free gopro stuff. So excuse the quality.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
@Toshi @Serial Midget
Here is a short clip of me chasing my friends using a chest mounted gimble. I can find out what make/model. The video shot without it was unwatchable by comparison. If you're gonna geek out on video, might was well go full tilt.

I never used any editing sw before this morning. This was done on the free gopro stuff. So excuse the quality.

That looks great to me. Will most likely have one soon.