Quantcast

<< TGMT >>

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
pretty cold out this morning. I should get me a pair of Bernie mittens.

might go ski hoking, or maybe not, pretty undecided at this point.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Damn people scheduling late afternoon meetings and preventing me from ducking out early to ride. :rant:

I desire some new tools. What to buy...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
31* this morning. I have a weird mix on the docket today. We must be short staffed. I haven't done any Drug Treatment transports in at least 6 months. Still mostly Dialysis and Physical rehab transports. Reading some of the shit posted by the Q folks , I had no idea that they were so nucking futz

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

House appraisal tomorrow and the wife might finally relax. Maybe not, but I am hopeful. Zillow thinks our house is worth $420k, we owe $220k we are refinancing $240k, I don't think it's a hard sell. But this is my first refi, so WTF do I know.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Continued house fuckery today. Hopefully the fans and dehumidifiers go away today so at least we can have our bed/bedroom back, though I am sleeping shockingly well on the upstairs couch. Supposedly getting an estimate today. I need to get out for a run or a ride today in a bad way.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Kid a hard day yesterday. So we had sushi for dinner, and I told him we could take the afternoon off to go ski. Snowed overnight. it's going to be pretty out there.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Morning Monkeys.

House appraisal tomorrow and the wife might finally relax. Maybe not, but I am hopeful. Zillow thinks our house is worth $420k, we owe $220k we are refinancing $240k, I don't think it's a hard sell. But this is my first refi, so WTF do I know.
why the $20k more refi?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
passed out at brothers house on couch....

until....

his ridgeback pushed me off the couch and onto the floor....

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I am eating brie en croute +/- accents because it is tasty

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Fat bike rentals reserved for the weekend, heading to the hills for a couple days for Teh Financée's birthday. She turns 39 on Sunday. We're gonna explore some ghost towns up near the Continental Divide, soak in natural hot springs, eat delicious food, drink locally distilled whisky and locally brewed beers, and not talk about politics.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here.

Fixed heating element on dryer last night. $150 for parts vs. $350 for service guy to come do it. Totally worth having the dryer down two days while the part was being overnighted.

Finally had a chance to look over the GC contract and summary of work for the water leak repair. Wifey's VP of Construction ripped apart the contract and I tore into the numbers. There is about $10k in discrepancies regarding costs of materials and add-ons that were not discussed initially. And their reviews on a residential basis are pretty bad, despite being who State Farm referred us to. Just sent off a very long email with all this issues laid out. We'll see what they come back with and if they even want to do the work at this point, because their line item for GC profit was only $2,800, it might not be worth it for them. We have contractors for painting and drywall we worked with over the summer that we like, I can removed and reinstall the baseboards (again) and we can hire a flooring installer directly. We can walk away with a $10-12k spread and end up with the whole basement refloored vs. just repaired and the while basement painted vs. just patched (which will never match).

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Maybe granting a permit for heli accessed guided skiing would impact sled access?

TITCR.

Snow conditions in Centennials are second only to RideIt's locale re: quantity.

And the Centennials already thin a few from the herd every year, and have a fraction of Backcountry ski pressure currently as they do from sleds.

My concern (as a dirtbag hippy) has more to do with //////skiers and their disposable income and related pressure on wildlife.

Idaho locals side with motorized recreation, but I've been doing some transcription work on the impact of global warming in the chugach alongside the ever increasing demands of heli-everything for the tourons....

And I see similar outsized impacts in the lower 48 on wildlife, while we continue to lose summertime (bike) access to "the goods"

/NIMBY rant...

+++++

Eisen said heli-skiing is a high-risk activity not only for clients, but for snowmobilers and skiers below. She said starting an operation in the area would be a bad idea, especially in since the range is particularly prone to avalanches.

You don’t generally see heli-skiing occurring in the same places where you have a bunch of other people recreating,” she said. “It’s not always easy to tell from the air if there are people below you, especially in complex terrain.”

The terrain in the Centennials is extremely complex, said Sam Hansen, owner and lead guide at Hellroaring Powder Guides, a backcountry skiing service on the Montana side of the range. It would be difficult for someone being dropped off from above to know where they’d end up, he said.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Don't sled-necks generally *like* Freedumb™ ??
i only know two sled necks.....one only on the internet....kidwoo

the other

....a cousin in NY with whom i have not talked to in about 30 years....politics...unknown....

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
finished truing and balancing a wheel. i'd say it's 99% good but will need to get a buddy's spoke tension meter for final test. taped it up (with...GORILLA TAPE!!!1!!11!!1!!1!!).

ready for friday and the weekend!