Quantcast

Tha SAVAGES raced inc. Richard Lancaster!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
This trail is hairy those who have ridden or tried know. This is the trail that although many Pro have heard about not a whole lot have really ridden! Those wondering about Lancaster still aroung here racing motorcycles 7th in Baja 1000 I think, he showed up and BTW. His record still stands from around the 2001 season with a time of 1:54 todays winner had a 1:56 and that was Dann Baggs! Will have a report on it later today! Leland was fesh out of surgery BTW.
the first few are Richard...

Brian Q

K Wildemaon )sp)

Baggs

Random dude...

Will have results soon....

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
ha i rode a....trail....with nate instead of racing today. I didnt have a car intill 3pm anyways...whens the next one? or was that the last of em? i should at least race one...we should have a DH version of rock garden...

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
ha i rode a....trail....with nate instead of racing today. I didnt have a car intill 3pm anyways...whens the next one? or was that the last of em? i should at least race one...we should have a DH version of rock garden...
Rockg, Tow and WT are the 3 notables left....

jamesdc

Monkey
May 6, 2007
Damn, looked like a fun trail, I was trying to come down this weekend but I couldn't find a ride, when is the next race?

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Hey Ian, sweet pictures and thanks for coming out! The turn out was great and it was a blast having some spectators out there!
Kyle's last name is Wideman btw. He was tearin' it up with no derailluer and no chain. He had some impressive starts balancing with no chain while clipped in and trying to rock forward to drop in on the face section.
Did you get any stills of me, wearing a white T-shirt and riding a black Dhr?
-Josef

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
That trail looks like it will kick your ass. fun stuff.
Yeah it def kicks your ass. I hadn't ridden it too much before this week but started to practice it a lot before the race. I got a concussion from it on Monday and my riding buddy, Owen, snapped his wrist completely in two on his first practice run this morning before the race. It's too bad cause he was tearin' it up but at least we have a new shuttle driver! :lighten:
Fun trail though, most fun I've had in a while and now I'm going to ride it regularly.

BMCarter

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
Santa Barbara
Yea please cut the name short..., and edit your post?
THANKS man
ok, just deleted it. not sure why you guys are so worried about me posting the name of that trail though........ it's not like i gave the exact location.

i wish i would have rode that trail when i lived in slo. and i never rode the trail named after a large metal object, heard that one was fun too.

kuksul08

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
ok, just deleted it. not sure why you guys are so worried about me posting the name of that trail though........ it's not like i gave the exact location.

i wish i would have rode that trail when i lived in slo. and i never rode the trail named after a large metal object, heard that one was fun too.
Yea the large metal object is a good one, not nearly as "gnar" as the one pictured.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
i heard the metal object trail was recently made illegal to ride, which is why i never made the hike.

is that true?
Yeah they supposedly put a sign up on it. Not sure that is really followed considering the whole back half of that range is private property!
THANKS btw about names. Dont need squids getting coptered out ya know!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Yeah got you and Weed!
If you need me to get in the way on any more shots, just ask! :) Just kiddin'.

The shots are looking great! I really like the one of Brian going off the drop. Did you get him eating sh1t a half second later?

When are the rest of the photos gonna be up on Smugmug? I need something to keep me distracted from work!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
If you need me to get in the way on any more shots, just ask! :) Just kiddin'.

The shots are looking great! I really like the one of Brian going off the drop. Did you get him eating sh1t a half second later?

When are the rest of the photos gonna be up on Smugmug? I need something to keep me distracted from work!
I felt bad thought he was gonna DIE I let go of the shutter but Richard got video of it! I will start editing so maybe later tonight or Monday night? STATISTICS suck.

blender

Monkey
Oct 19, 2006
MDR
great shots Ian.. that was some hefty camera equipment :)

seeing Baggs tear over the WC line, and through the last rockgarden is something i will not soon forget. He rides on a whole different level of crazy.

You really CAN'T appreciate how insane this trail is until you see the features in person. The pictures don't do it justice. It made me ill just thinking about riding a bike down it.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
great shots Ian.. that was some hefty camera equipment :)

seeing Baggs tear over the WC line, and through the last rockgarden is something i will not soon forget. He rides on a whole different level of crazy.

You really CAN'T appreciate how insane this trail is until you see the features in person. The pictures don't do it justice. It made me ill just thinking about riding a bike down it.
Yeah my legs are sore today! I like this pic of Dann..