Quantcast

Thank You For Smoking

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Anybody seen this film yet? Just got back from seeing it a little while ago and have to say I was impressed. It's unfortunate that it seems to be in limited release, or at least here it is. I thought it was not only hilarious but had some funny/interesting moral implications as well.

I'd definitely recommend it. :)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i saw it last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it :thumb:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Entertaining to the maxx gnarhardcore. Not like it will make an impact...

Just saw the Three Burials of Meliquedas Estrada (sp?)...made me want to move to Mexico. Getting free tickets to the art cinema haus rox.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I enjoyed it... everyone got reamed... some harder than others.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
LordOpie said:
How preachy is it?

I don't like movies that preach to me, even if I agree with the subject.
See it. It's awesome. If you feel it's getting preachy, just wait until the end.

You end up realizing that what seems preachy is, in the end, just making fun of something, and that everyone is thoroughly mocked in the end. And altogether, the movie DOES seem to endorse free choice above all...

MD

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
MikeD said:
See it. It's awesome. If you feel it's getting preachy, just wait until the end.

You end up realizing that what seems preachy is, in the end, just making fun of something, and that everyone is thoroughly mocked in the end. And altogether, the movie DOES seem to endorse free choice above all...

MD
Agreed. It seemed to look at both sides of the whole smoking thing and encouraged free choice. More than anything it was the story of the man behind the spokesman and what his life was about rather than trying to push one way or another on smoking.