Quantcast

Thank you Ridemonkey.com

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Usually i'm not one to kiss anybody's butt.... Yet out of curiosity i checked out a few threads at MTBR and Pinkbike....

MTBR~
Quote:
Originally Posted by R??????
I just bought a 2004 Fox Talas fork that supposedly has max travel at 125mm (5-inches). Problem is at full extension and regardless of PSI I only get about 122mm of exposed upper tube, mesuring from the bottom of the crown downward to the top of the lower tube. So basically, I can't see how I can get all 5" of travel as advertised. Anyone else come across this or did I buy a broken fork? Or have I endoed too many times and missed something? Hahaha! Help!
Thanks in advance!
R??

I found the same thing on mine. I have about 123mm showing, but I have bottomed the fork and still only gotten about 121mm out of it. I think that's just the way it is. I called Fox, and the guy at the other end insisted that if I had the travel adjust all the way out then I was in fact getting 125mm travel, regardless of how much stanchion was showing. This of course makes no sence at all, but it gives you an Idea of how little Fox cares about how much of your stanchion is showing, or if you are getting full travel. I still like the fork, though. I just think they should be more up front about the travel.

Ka?????
PinkBike~
M????!
rider

some pics and review of the new treck free ride bike?

...dose any one wana contribute to the get me a new computer fund... soo slow!!

M??????596
rider

nice spelling!

b?????????
rider

M??????596, you have no right to complain about spelling!

I like that bike, although I'm curious at to how a 7" SC fork feels like. Does it have 32 or 35mm stantions?
Not to bag on these sites but when comparing the stupidity of those sites to the stupidity of guys like me and Burly Surly and others, i gotta thank my lucky stars this website is rolling on.:monkey:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Ya, we're working on improving the site(pinkbike forums)....we just seem to attract a lot of little kids and they frighten off the regulars. It isn't all that bad, but yes we have more than our fair share of idiots...of course with 16k+ members I think any forum would.

The monkey isn't that cool. :D

The Ito

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by ito
Ya, we're working on improving the site(pinkbike forums)....we just seem to attract a lot of little kids and they frighten off the regulars.

Yes i was scared. Little kids are horrifying to me.:(

Originally posted by I Are Baboon
The only other bike forums I've found that I can tolerate are bikeforums.net but they are mostly roadie oriented.
Pinkbike to bikeforums.net- From Kindercare to Depends Underwear?
i'll check it out one of these days i'm really bored.

Originally posted by ito

The monkey isn't that cool. :D

The Ito
Are you kidding me? At least there's chicks who post here.....

J

JRB

Never signed on PB or mtbr. I read some really stupid things. I typically like to be the dumbest one in the room. I can't do that there.

I like it here and bikemojo.

J

JRB

Originally posted by Skookum

Are you kidding me? At least there's chicks who post here.....
I'm not sure Ito likes that chicks post here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
The only other bike forums I've found that I can tolerate are bikeforums.net but they are mostly roadie oriented.
My preference goes like this:

alt.mountain-bike
The :monkey:

Although lately the signal-noise ratio here seems to be going the wrong way. Maybe I need to join that clique that's "taking back the Lounge" ;)

-S.S.-

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by SkaredShtles

alt.mountain-bike

Although lately the signal-noise ratio here seems to be going the wrong way. Maybe I need to join that clique that's "taking back the Lounge" ;)

-S.S.-

I hear ya on the signal-noise thing. However that is what the lounge is for. Most of the other forums are pretty informative with little catter.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England

alt.mountain-bike

-S.S.-
I can't stand the x-country elitism and flaming that goes on there.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I dunno - the other forums that I check in on don't seem to really get much traffic.......

-S.S.-

Which forums? I understand what you're saying but I post questions in the Mech. section and they always get answered sometimes just not that day. Not eveybody who reads it has an answer though.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Lol. Yea, mtbr has definitely gone down hill in the last 5 months... There's still some decent posts and posters out there, but nothing like it used to be. Ridemonkey seems to be my favorite place now. I've never really browsed through the PB forums but have heard the horror stories :p. Sadly over on mtbr at times I feel like a tech guru because atleast on the DH forum there's only a handful of people on there, such as Jm, zedro, and a few others. But over here I comfortably can say I have limited knowledge over here, lol. Just gotta get my post count up ;). Surprisingly Im the 4th highest poster on mtbr :rolleyes: LOL.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Originally posted by Cooter Brown
post whore! :cool:
If I cant do it here I might as well over there, lol. Oh well, I'm slowly racking up posts here. I'll be the person you'd never think to be a whore but ends up being a slutty whore anyways. :D :cool: ;)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Originally posted by stosh
Which forums? I understand what you're saying but I post questions in the Mech. section and they always get answered sometimes just not that day. Not eveybody who reads it has an answer though.
I guess I'm just spoiled by the number of responses to inquiries that I'm used to in amb.

-S.S.-

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by tonyhawk
don't forget bikerag :D
D'oh!!!

You know, all the small local boards are good. That includes Busted Spoke too. As far as the large, non-local boards go, this place and BFN are the only ones I like.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
That's why I have a good newsreader with advanced filtering....... ;)

-S.S.-
Yeah but after getting ridof that and all the Vandeman related garbage you can't have much left. :p

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Originally posted by loco-gringo
I'm not sure Ito likes that chicks post here.
:eek: :nuts:

No comment :mad:

There's girls on pinkbike, just ask Draco.

I like the monkey because when people get pissed they pretend not to get mad and end up just typing frustrated letters of apology, rather than the "fuk u gys!!!111 im lefing dis sight!!11!1" that we tend to get. That and N8's newz.

Personally, I just think it's a Canadian thing.

The Ito

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by Skookum
Usually i'm not one to kiss anybody's butt.... Yet out of curiosity i checked out a few threads at MTBR and Pinkbike....

MTBR~

PinkBike~

Not to bag on these sites but when comparing the stupidity of those sites to the stupidity of guys like me and Burly Surly and others, i gotta thank my lucky stars this website is rolling on.:monkey:
i wonder if the dingle-berries in the first couple of quotes have ever heard of "negative travel"???:rolleyes: They probably just got done popping a bunch of zips and weren't thinking straight, due to all the blood loss... yeah, that's it... they just needed to boost their blood sugar levels, then they wouldnt' have asked such stupid questions.

but not to completely loose focus of their point... but who else here squables over 2 or 3 MM's? helloooooo????

some people's children... I swear! :rolleyes:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by DHRacer
but not to completely loose focus of their point... but who else here squables over 2 or 3 MM's? helloooooo????

some people's children... I swear! :rolleyes:
that's what i thought was really funny.

Y'know i'm not really trying to bag out on these sites. When i read thru this forum (which is the only one i really browse) i just go thru the Pac N.W. forum and the Lounge mostly and just hit on the threads that look interesting. So i decided i would do the same thing on those two boards. I wound up looking at 3 threads on each forum and posted the bits i found funniest.
i found Ridemonkey from a few people on the trail StevetheTree, and Bibbs telling me to go online and check this website out. So really i guess i'm lucky to have stumbled on it and not have to waste too much of my time on the other sites, when wasting time on this site appears to be more fulfilling, albeit in a wasteful sort of way......