Quantcast

Thank you...

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Odds are many of you don't remember me. I have not been actively racing DH or done much of any mtbing in the last decade. My life has found its way back to dirt bikes, my first passion. Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting you guys (that were around way back then) and how cool this site was for me and my buddies.

I don't have anything important to add anymore. I am not versed in what is current and really am a dinosaur in the MTB relm. I still have my old Rotec Pro DH. It is more fitting as a museum piece but I can't bare to part with her...she just collects dust. If I do ride, it is often on bike paths on my old HT I converted to single speed when I used to commute on it.

Thank you Pacific Northwest Forum, and RideMonkey for all the good times. You are not forgotten, I just changed passions.

RhinofromWA

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Rhino - you are the man and those were the days. I remember the help you gave putting my shuttle truck back on the road at Capital Peak and I also remember your epic crash later that day. :)

Last edited:

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Hey Kevin good to see you still playing in the dirt. Glad to see the second pic-one that actually shows me in those days. Was that Schweitzer?

jeepmauler

Monkey
Mar 9, 2004
Lynnwood
Keep your DH bike and hit up Stevens Pass next summer:weee:

I've gone back to the MC days as well....rode both days last weekend. Last summer I'd ride the DH bike at Stevens on Sat and hit up Walker Valley on Sunday with the CR500(its setup for trails). I live in off 164th in Lynnwood and ride all the time.....hit me up.

That photo above of you going to flat on your MC makes all my joints hurt:shocked:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Keep your DH bike and hit up Stevens Pass next summer:weee:

I've gone back to the MC days as well....rode both days last weekend. Last summer I'd ride the DH bike at Stevens on Sat and hit up Walker Valley on Sunday with the CR500(its setup for trails). I live in off 164th in Lynnwood and ride all the time.....hit me up.

That photo above of you going to flat on your MC makes all my joints hurt:shocked:
I did it 5 times in a row....haven't done it since ;) I hit that at about 30mph...fast enough I was committed.

I am close to you...few miles south. I am south of Filbert Rd in East Lynnwood/Alderwood Manor. Dec weekends will be tough to get out but hoping free time will available in Jab-Feb.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I did it 5 times in a row....haven't done it since ;) I hit that at about 30mph...fast enough I was committed.
I remember Ben Sessions doing something like that at Mattawa years ago . . . inadvertently . . . from higher up . . . at about 45 mph.

Good to see you post here. Man, all these guys going back to engines - - I wish.

Last edited:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey I remember you!!!!!
Another country heard from! :thumb:
Rhino.. How you holdin up dude? I certainly remember you. You and Jason (FREAK) the two WA OG's
Hey guys!
You know, playing...working...life in general.

Had dinner with Freak when he came back to Seattle for business last summer.

Virginia City Grand Prix 2012, Nevada

60ft boom truck taking pics of motorcycle races

Work conference

More pics but this is only like 2 weeks old. :)

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Hey Buttercup, whats up? Thanks for letting me post some of your moto vids on the web site from time to time, One of these days you'll have to stop by the shop at bourbon:30!
Man Ethan looked young in that photo. Colton still sees him when Ethan stops to pick up a pizza where he works.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Hey Buttercup, whats up? Thanks for letting me post some of your moto vids on the web site from time to time, One of these days you'll have to stop by the shop at bourbon:30!
Man Ethan looked young in that photo. Colton still sees him when Ethan stops to pick up a pizza where he works.
You have always been a help LumberJack. And What do you know your shops website is still in my signature line. :)

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Not sure why everyone says my MTB looks like a motorcycle... it was a slow day in the garage.

PS-she still looks like that today....minus the MX tank/shroud addition. :D

Last edited:

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
I miss the days of the Monster T's. Those forks saved my bacon more times than you could shake a stick. My Hairy Gary with those forks you just pointed down the hill and went. Women, children and small out-buildings didn't dare get in the way.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
I actually liked my Rotec with the Boxxer fork, though the Monster T was a better damped fork for sure. Boxxer was a better overall handling fork for me on that bike. Don't know if it was fork offset or weight or what... maybe I was just always used to the Boxxer?