Quantcast

thanks barry

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Yeah yeah, I saw that obviously.

But 'race traitor?' :rofl: I missed that part.

You spelt grapedrank wrong
That goes hand in hand with consorting with the darkies. One day you're sleeping with them, the next day they are eating at your lunch counter.

If I was Sarah Palin, I'd be pointing out that she finally has something in common with Thomas Jefferson :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I got the same story pushed on me by my mother on Saturday. I'm assuming that it's just a coincidence and not the fact that Fauxnews has been hammering the same stupid story over and over again for the past week.
well...then there is this.

i still think the hnic wins in2012.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Gee, that townhall.com contributor makes such a valid and persuasive argument... :rolleyes:

i still think the hnic wins in2012.
Me too, but only because the GOP seems determined to go for the craziest, most wackjob right-wing candidate that they can. Remember, in 2008 with the GOP brand literally in the toilet after 8 years of GWB the Democrats went with a relatively moderate, very likeable guy for their candidate. He advocated getting out of Iraq, using a military surge in Aghanistan, maintaining the GWB tax cuts for 95% of Americans, etc. The most radical idea he had was that of fixing the broken healthcare system in this country, an issue that a majority of Americans backed him on (at least until the Chamber of Commerce spent $100m+ bashing him on it).

Compare that to the candidates that the GOP is pushing, advocating ending SS/Medicare/FDA/EPA/FCC/WTF/FEC/etc. About the only thing saving them is the fact that for the most part they haven't had to go on record with a vote about the Paul Ryan Budget, or the debt ceiling increase, or funding the FAA, etc. They're mostly governors or ex-Congressmen who haven't had to vote on anything recently. It would be like the Democrats nominating Bernie Sanders or David Kucinich to run in 2008 instead of BHO.

Who knows, though, Romney is still in the running. As my wife says, he's the only candidate whose election wouldn't make her flee to Canada. Of course, right now that's the reason why he probably won't be the nominee...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
well.....honestly....i've never heard of townhall.com....sooooo...
You should head on over. Lots of reasoned and well thought out commentary on almost every issue.

(I think even $tinkle is embarrassed to link them. That's why he keeps going back to Tucker Carlson's steaming pile of dung. Or he has a bowtie fetish, I dunno...)

Hello Kitty

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Houston
“If you voted for Obama in 2008 to prove you’re not a racist, you’ll have to vote for someone else in 2012 to prove you’re not an idiot.”

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I like how this was buried *way* down in the story:

Beacon’s bankruptcy filing lists assets of $72 million and debts of $47 million, according to Bloomberg.
Soooooo. This is going to cost taxpayers exactly.... zero dollars? OMFG, grab the pitchforks and torches!!

It also shows that the Democrats haven't learned the correct lessons from Republicans when shoveling money at businesses:

1) Just hand them money instead of loaning it to them. No-bid contracts, government subsidies, refundable tax credits, whatever, just show up at the front door of the building with a wheelbarrow full of cash and an invitation to your next fundraiser.

2) Make sure that there's enough money in that wheelbarrow to prevent the company from going bankrupt.

Follow those two lessons and you'll have decades of Ag or Oil subsidies with nothing to worry about...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I like how this was buried *way* down in the story:
more than a financial liability (rounding error even when couched in the most alarming terms), it would seem to be a political liability, esp coming from an administration that would claim to strive to be the most ethical administration evah.

really, any administration that claims it will be "the most ethical" wouldn't have a wall too high to scale. how one could acknowledge that congress is terminally corrupt but that the exec branch is immune? laughable.

not your point, i know; just blurtin'
*cough* Haliburton *cough*
but he's obama's cousin!!!111
*cough* nepotism *cough*

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
more than a financial liability (rounding error even when couched in the most alarming terms), it would seem to be a political liability, esp coming from an administration that would claim to strive to be the most ethical administration evah.

really, any administration that claims it will be "the most ethical" wouldn't have a wall too high to scale. how one could acknowledge that congress is terminally corrupt but that the exec branch is immune? laughable.
I fail to see the connection between a company the gov gave a loan to going bankrupt and ethics.