Quantcast

Thanks Brian (I'm assuming)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Hey Brian, Thanks for cleaning up the DH forum and getting rid of whoever that incredibly offensive guy was. I'm just assuming it was you because you seem to be the only super mod that was around tonight.

Is there anything you can do about what he was doing? I've read some people suggesting to contact his ISP and report his horribly offensive abuse, is anything like that gonna be done?

Thanks again, I konw how big of a pain in the arse it is to clean up everything after it goes crazy like that. You Rule :thumb:

J

JRB

I was bumping old threads to get him off the front page. No thanks for me??? :D

J

JRB

kidwoo said:
I'll thank you if you ban his IP address.
I would too. Unfortunately - bumps are all I have to offer. However - if he were local and I knew him, I would offer a different kind of bump. :D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I know on another forum where I moderate reporting it to the isp worked...

either that or contacting the university and telling the dean (or whatever you guys call them) that one of his TA's was a dick and posting all this crap. This character used the same handle on every site INCLUDING a forum on the university site haha

Fun times. He has never come back.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
kidwoo said:
it was like having shiver me timbers here..................except with a bunch of racist crap.
Oh man! I rode with that guy once! He nearly killed a cute girl roadie who was hittin a trail for her first time ever.

Picture this... you are a roadie... you are a girl... some dude invites you mountain biking. He says, "It's easy... nice mellow trail!" Then he shows up on a DH bike with full armor and FF helmet. :eek: I think she stuck to the road after that.

J

JRB

sirknight6 said:
:stupid: Oh yeah...thanks... :rolleyes:

:p

Actually, if thats what you did, thanks for real! :thumb:
It was the best I could come up with. :D It turns out, contrary to belief, that bumping can be benficial. I guess I had never applied the technique correctly before.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BigMike said:
Hey Brian, is it possible to get all the posts he started deleted? Some of them are quite offensive
Brian got rid of some of them and I cleaned up the rest this evening. I was away skiing all weekend, so I wasn't around last night.

Ridegecko will be taking further action tomorrow.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
geeze i'm glad that's over. i get on this site to help people, be helped or kill a few minites, and last night i could only do one of those three. productivity, if thats what it can be called, was flatlined last night. thanks to all that helped clear that up.

BigMike said:
you seem to be the only super mod that was around tonight.
sry, this a little off topic, but the noob wants to know what a supper mod is, and how many k posts it takes to obtain said status?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
spacemanspiff06 said:
sry, this a little off topic, but the noob wants to know what a supper mod is, and how many k posts it takes to obtain said status?
A mod is a moderator. Each forum has their respective moderators, and they can't do anything in other forums. JBP was around two nights ago, but since he is only a mod in the Lounge, there was nothing he could do about it.

A Super mod is someone who had moderation power over the whole forum like Ridemonkey and BrianHCM#1. (there are others too, but I don't know who)

You can't obtain that status by number of posts, you are assigned to be a mod. I personally don't know what it takes to become one, but I know around here its pretty coveted :thumb:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
BigMike said:
A mod is a moderator. Each forum has their respective moderators, and they can't do anything in other forums. JBP was around two nights ago, but since he is only a mod in the Lounge, there was nothing he could do about it.

A Super mod is someone who had moderation power over the whole forum like Ridemonkey and BrianHCM#1. (there are others too, but I don't know who)

You can't obtain that status by number of posts, you are assigned to be a mod. I personally don't know what it takes to become one, but I know around here its pretty coveted :thumb:
They asked me to be a mod, and i said fyck No. I keep it real.