Quantcast

Thanks, chainsaw wielder @ SST!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Those that haven't been down there lately probably had no idea another part of the same tree that fell on the Big P double fell on about the same spot nearly two weeks ago, effectively shutting that section down. T'was a sad day, indeed.
Me and a buddy (Scotty) went down there today w/ chainsaw all ready to go so that we could clean that area up. Much to our surprise, we arrived at the scene to find that somebody else had the same idea. It was already cleared out and opened up!!! Whoever it was that did the job also did a top-notch job, right down to stacking all the debris in piles. It would appear there will be no shortage of filler for future berms, jumps, etc. So, we wound up riding instead...what a pisser! Everything there is running good right now, especially the Big P double.

It's times like today that keep my faith in mankind fairly intact. Thanks again!!!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
It WAS a miracle, really. I was so bummed the last time I was down there and couldn't hit the Big P. It was one of those times that it truly sucked to be me...even though it wasn't a bad day despite the obvious.

We're planning on heading up there early one day in the not-too-distant future to reclaim the top right line...at least until the next big storm rolls through.

talusslope

Chimp
Apr 6, 2007
sst, WA
that far top right line would make a pretty sick latter drop! made of the infearieating trees would make for the least amount of wood scavenging.

Just sayin'.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
yep, thanks again lot for the quick, expert chainsaw work! we all really appreciated you & your wife(?) helpin out that day.
plus you cut those other smaller trees down @ the end, too.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
that far top right line would make a pretty sick latter drop! made of the infearieating trees would make for the least amount of wood scavenging.

Just sayin'.
Oh, I hear ya'!

I'm actually thinking options after the first few berms (which I also want to beef-up) up top. Keep a small roller-style jump on the hillside before the middle, next to it have more of a ski-jump booter...next to that would be a great spot for a drop...be it ladder or natural. I think a smaller drop would work killer where you pass the middle entrance and head towards the s-curves - where it used to be a small roller/gap.

I know a few people that are currently planning on building a little wallride along the bottom gap along the fence...but you didn't hear that from me.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
People have been talking about puting a wall ride down there for years, would be cool if it actually got built!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
The person that wrote the "rule book" gave up a few years ago, not sure if he is even organizing races there anymore.

I dont think most people realize that no one has permision to build anything there at all, it could be bulldozed at anytime for any number of reasons, unless it was turned into a legal bike park. Its only 3-4 years worth of work, we could just start again at some other spot that we get king county to approve.