Quantcast

Thanks Clemson Freeride

Oct 10, 2007
GA
You guys have some great trails. I am progressing to more of a freeridie riding style from being more of a all-mountain guy. Your trails are great! Im willing to try more features knowing the fact that almost everything on the main run is rollable (just in case). I saw the new ladder drop that goes up the tree just curious as to how high it is? So keep building some bad ass trails and thanks for all the work.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Glad you liked the trail, we built everything on the trail so that all levels of riders could enjoy it.

That ladder drop up the tree is just stupid, I told them not to build it on day 1, they all ignored me. Now after putting all that time and effort into it we are going to tear it down. Sorry about that rant, I'm just pissed we wasted time/wood on it when i said it was going to be stupid.

Oct 10, 2007
GA
the ramp up the tree looked a little steep. Is that the future freeride line? Wat else is on that trail? Didnt explore it much due to the big gaps that i saw by the tree thing.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
That tree line is getting scrapped. But that line next to it is just a bunch of doubles with a nice hip jump towards the end that leads down to a big step up through a ravine

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
We've got some overly bitter emotions in regards to the "tree drop". I've gotta agree with Matt on this one though, it wasnt really realistic to begin with (everyone was just thinking "its freeride and its going to be awesome cause its going to be big") but its not really working out for our new line so its coming down when we get back to school. On a lighter note though its good to hear that you enjoyed our trails. Hopefully we'll have lots of new stuff this semester cause we should be putting in a good bit of work.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Sorry for being Debbie Downer but I just feel like if we want any new trails to be successful then we need to have a little more planning and a little less "OMG!! IT'S FREERIDE! LET'S BUILD IT FRIGGIN HUGE! WHO THE F*CK CARES IF IT WORKS!!!" kinda mentality. Cause there's a good bit of that going around right now and it's going to ruin the club and our relationship with the forest director and the rest of the Mtbing community. But what do I know. I digress...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good on ya matt. i've done some big stuff in my days and after a concussion and my recent shoulder injury, i'm more apt to try things that have rank better on the fun side of the fun to danger ratio. you can build things big by not making them stupid and, from what i've seen, you guys know how to do it right for everyone. heck, if a 7 yr old kid and a 24 yr old semi-pro racer can hit the same feature with the same stoked look on their face then i think you have a winner :thumb: keep up the good work guys!

dezhamer16

Chimp
Dec 7, 2007
i'm ready for it to warm up a bit and get back on the trails... i didn't get a chance to hit any of the doubles last time i was out there.