Quantcast

Thanks Dump!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus

we have this and the 24" at our shop.. they look pretty damn beefy!!

Its the Marin Hidden Canyon 20"
our LBS carries Jamis. the jamis reps were in the shop last month and mike showed them the episode IV dvd of noah. they apparently got on the phone right then with their R&D folks to find out when their new disc ready 24" hardtail was coming out. they seemed pretty interested in getting him on one :D

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
hmmm, but i don't think he likes pink levers ;)
And I thought you were a real redneck. You must only play one on the Internet...

No primer, krylon, aircraft stripper, oven cleaner, or duct tape where you're from?? Hell, call up an old buddy and have him send you some CARC...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
yes, a 24 in front would make it ridiculous on the front, he can barely touch his toes to the ground while he's sitting on the seat as it is...it'll be at least a year, probably 2 before he's comfortable on a 24" bike.

it's kind of a long story as to how we got him on the frame he's on. **henceforth the term "we" will refer to mikedsx and I...he was shop manager of a LBS when we built it up and has since opened his own shop and we ride for him...cycletherapybikes.com ***

long story kinda short. i was looking for a better frame than the modified huffy (yellow bike) he was riding. mike found a blemished 16" hotrock on the spec. closeout site and ordered it for dirt cheap. lo and behold, a 20" frame arrived. at the time, it was huge for him but i'm glad for the mistake now as he's grown into the 20 very well. mike went to work and called me a couple weeks later to let me know it was done. he used old or used parts that were lying around the shop. bmx bb, cane creek sealed headset, thompson seatpost, he handbuilt the wheels, tektro v-brake.....the cranks were supplied by a fellow monkey but he hasn't posted in ages and i forgot his handle. he used them on his kid's bmx bike and i think they're 165mm redline cranks that he cut down to about 150mm. the stem/hbars/drivetrain has changed over time but everything else is pretty much how mike built it up.
so anyway, we went w/ the mtn setup because, well...we ride mtn bikes and the full sized fork was designed for noah's stair-ventures because at the time he was rocking the stairs and urban stuff. he already had a 16" bmx rig for the skatepark so the mtn just seemed more useful. (i got him a redline mini this year since we started racing at the local track)

i hope that answered your ?'s
Sure did - many thanks Manimal.

How old is Noah?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
And I thought you were a real redneck. You must only play one on the Internet...

No primer, krylon, aircraft stripper, oven cleaner, or duct tape where you're from?? Hell, call up an old buddy and have him send you some CARC...
nah, i'm only a poser redneck. born/raised in orlando then SoCal until noah was about 2. i've only been here in the real south for about 5 years :twitch:

and mmcg..noah is 7.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
f-that. keep him on the specialized.

you need to make him a sponserhouse page.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
yeah, i've heard about that bike and i sent him a message a while back but i don't think he ever replied. oh well, as fast as noah's getting on a hardtail...i'm scared to think how fast he'll be when he can get on a FS rig.