Quantcast

Thanks for Coming!

May 9, 2003
Burien at Crappiss' House
Thanks Pac NW Monkeys for the awesome turnout last night for the Disorder 5 Premier! We sure didn't think we'd have to turn friends away at the door due to a sell out crowd! The Full Throttle Cafe Staff was stoked though with the great group, they said that we're welcome back anytime. I think that, cramped though it gets when we're there in force, it's a great place and we're lucky to be able to hang there!

We need to thank Kim and Shannon for all their help with taking admission and T-Shirt sales, as well as the girls from The Turnstyle Crew for handling the raffle ticket sales like pros!

If it wasn't for Kyle Young from Transition bikes, it's no sure thing we even would have had the projector running like we did, thanks Kyle, seriously! He took charge when I was looking at the projector like it was the Millenium Falcon, and got that sucker running! The whole Transition crew was there for the party too, and that was awesome!

I saw loads of friends there last night myself, and I'm sure I never got to say hi to half of you, so HI! Thanks for coming!

Finally, thanks to Dave from Center Cycle for his help running the door after the call to cut off admission from the Bar Staff. That's a tough job, although Dave said everyone who he had to turn back was really cool and understanding. I would expect no less from the kind of great people we have for this kind of event!

We really hope you all will be coming out for Gohuckyourself's "The Gathering" on January 21 and 22, at Renton Motorcycle and Skatebarn, for the biggest MTB Dirtjump and Park Competition ever!! Look for details and online registration at www.gohuckyourself.com soon!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
props to the organizers. i'm bringing earplugs next time tho! some of the crowd:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Good times for sure!
Too bad there isn't a way to put up a huge screen and project it out by the track/bleachers. That would be pretty tight (and a little chilly I reckon).
I was stoked to walk away w/ an Azonic pkg. although I was really hoping for the Flick. That was the next thing raffled off after I won - soooooo close!!!:)

Did Norm figure out what he was going to get pierced??:blah:

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
And NWD 5 was insane. What were your favorite segments and scenes?

Every rider's segment was awesome IMO, but my favorites were probably Chase, Berrecloth (sp?), and Gracia. I think the coolest tricks were Chase's and Berrecloth's handplants.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
The 360 drop that Berrecloth did was kind of sick. Gracia's segment was just beyond description - that guy can just do it all...AND FAST!!!
I was really impressed with some of the angles that they were capturing the footage from. Quite fresh, indeed.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Cedrics was the best. Just amazing. Simmons was funny, but the idea of speed on a skinny didn't do much for me. The bridge looked fun though. Chases scene was good. Really brought the park out of the park and onto trails.

I was really impressed with Wayne Goss. I guess he read everyone on the forums complaining about how he was only a hucker and decided to throw down some tricks (nothing AWESOME by some standards but still put some people in their places)

Monster park was amazing. All the bridge work and other stunts. Kicked ass to see it beyond a simple picture :)

Paul B (whatever his last name was)...great rider. I can't say much as I was at the comp and, while there was lots of parts in the movie with various riders, they didn't capture how big this stuff was. And AGAIN, they didn't catch the tailwhip off the box (to landing...lots of vids with takeoff) He also had some lines in the movie too...

Australia...Why can't there be more footage of redbull australia in more movies. You guys have some HUGE gaps, wall rides and drops. I was stunned by the variety of stuff in what seemed like a small area. This location was primo and I generally don't like hucking locations. Fortunately there was very little redbull utah...I would give extra points just for that alone.

I wasn't there just thought I would point out the stuff I remembered best. I still dream of gracias section. Probably the best single segment I have ever seen (including beyond the collective)

Sounds like the party was a blast. Would have been better than the all ages one I went to :d

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
i liked the video, but didn't like the sped up footage. chase's segment was super cool as was gracia's. wasn't overly impressed with carlin's segment, he looked better than that in his ufc footage. maybe injuries were a factor? what else, i agree that the camera work was good, especially the cable work on the shore. berrecloth's ability to throw the bike into a tabletop even off stuff that doesn't lend itself easily to tricks, like the clown shoes drop, is amazing.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
No it was a theatre. I don't think there was any drinks :)

I wanna see bender. He was supposed to be pulling some cool stuff (for bender)...I heard rumours floating for weeks about what he was doing in the flick, and he is only an extra...bummer

May 9, 2003
It was a good time had by all! I still have not seen the whole movie, as you can imagine, I was running around even during the movie, so later today I'll sit down and finally watch this thing start to finish!

Thanks for the good feedback guys, we're stoked at how it went and we'll be doing more stuff like it for sure!

-S.

May 9, 2003
Thaks Madison, The Gathering is where the REAL sh1t's going down! We're excited for it, and hearing back from riders and sponsors is certainly helping keep us on the job, it looks like we'll have a comp on our hands! Better bring your Camera! Everyone else, though, will have to be still pics only, since GHY will be controlling media access to the event to make sure it gets filmed only by crews who have our permission to shoot. I think I have some influence though, so if you give me won mullyun dollars........ ;)

Fast&Smooth

Monkey
Jun 24, 2002
Bothell, WA
Captain Crunch said:
Thaks Madison, The Gathering is where the REAL sh1t's going down! We're excited for it, and hearing back from riders and sponsors is certainly helping keep us on the job, it looks like we'll have a comp on our hands! Better bring your Camera! Everyone else, though, will have to be still pics only, since GHY will be controlling media access to the event to make sure it gets filmed only by crews who have our permission to shoot. I think I have some influence though, so if you give me won mullyun dollars........ ;)
yea man, if things go as planned with offer i should be filmin for GHY with a purdy new camera of thiers.