Quantcast

Thanks for the chainguide help. Pics of my new V10

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I finally sold my Gemini DH and was able to build up my new V10 for next season. I havent gotten it out on any real DH runs yet but I will get some photos when I do. Its a whole different ballgame than the Gemini, but i have a good feeling its a change for the better. The geo is alot different from the old style v10, and is easy to get off the ground despite common e-talk. Enough jibber jabber, here are the pics and specs!

05-06 Santa Cruz V10 Medium Anodized Slate
06 Fox DH40rc2
06 Fox DHX 5.0
Mavic EX829 tubeless rims
Hadley 20mm front hub
Hadley 12x150mm rear hub
Chris King Headset
Sram X0 rear derailer
06 Sram X0 trigger shifter
06 Sram PC990 12-34 cassette
Sram Hollowpin chain
Raceface Diablos cranks
E13 SRS with oldschool Evil Supercharger
FSA Carbon K-Force DH bars 31.8
Avid Juicy 5s 203mm
Thomson Elite Seatpost
Thomson 50mm Stem
WTB Laser V Ti saddle
2.5 Maxxis Highroller 60a R/ 2.5 Mobster ST front
Stans No tubes
Salso Lock on grips

Total Weight: 39lbs. Will be 38lbs with the ti coil and carbon post.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
How do you like the new X0 shifters? So far, all Sram trigger shifters have the same "cheap" feel to me. Do these feel similar to X-9's. Nice bike by the way.

x-vert

Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Bicyclist said:
How do you like the new X0 shifters? So far, all Sram trigger shifters have the same "cheap" feel to me. Do these feel similar to X-9's. Nice bike by the way.
they sold 2 pairs of 06 x0 shifters on ebay about a week ago.

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
the X0 trigger feels NOTHING like the X9. The shifting is far more crisp, and the levers have a more snappy feel compared to the "push til it clicks" feel of the X7-9. Its hard to explain, try them when you have oppertunity, they are defenitly worth the extra coin. We're talkin comparin LX to XTR here in shimano terms.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sweet bike. the weight doesn't seem right, i got a bullit with light stuff all round, exept dh tubes. and it comes up to 42 lbs. :angry: just jelous...

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Holy seatpost Batman!
Wow, what lightweight wheels n tires will do !...
Looks good man ..

Not impressed with new V10 Geo though..I love my 03 !

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
bigdrop05 said:
Holy seatpost Batman!
Wow, what lightweight wheels n tires will do !...
Looks good man ..

Not impressed with new V10 Geo though..I love my 03 !
The geo was a big reason i chose it. Its a perfect balance for race course the tight-tech dh runs we have here in maine. They shortened the wheelbase over an inch, and the chainstays to 17.5 which i liked alot.

I run my seat high. For me, as pictured, that seat is low and out of the way. I'm used to a nosebleed height seat because i ride so much XC. I see alot of people running 2" of seatpost and a seat angled at 45 degrees on their downhill bike, i never really saw what good it did. I use my inner thigh to push on the seat, + it gives me a chance to rest my legs quickly if theres a smoother fireroad in the course. to each their own! thanks for compliments guys.

solar

Chimp
Jun 21, 2004
Really nice V10.
it will be > 38lbs?
wow.

(I wish my 7.7 was available in "slate grey"- very understated and classy.)
The red spider on the SRAM cassette is another subtle touch.
I also like the EVIL supercharger.

Bicyclist said:
I agree, the XOs feel better than the other SRAM triggers, and much better than any of the shimano offerings.
i would not go back to shimano.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The only thing I don't like about Sram shifters is that the upshift lever can get in the way when I'm not on the brakes, so I would have to run them way in.