Quantcast

Thanks HAB. the Minion DHFs rock

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy crappola.. that what my old tires were crapola

Did brushy peak this morning. freaking cows had gone nuclear on the fire roads. hoof holes loose clods slick clay and the Minions climbed right trough it all, not one single tire slip. They roll better than my old 2.2s to boot.

The downhill section, hell after the first few hundred yards and one hairpin I trusted them enought to just let it loose. too bad I ran into 4 groups of hikers ( one boy scout troop) that I had to shut it down to pass. I love these tires

Last edited:

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I remember the first time riding good tires- pretty much rules!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Liking the idea of two sets of Maxxis tires, one for local easy trails, and some meatier ones for the mountains.

Question though about frequent tire changes with tubeless and Stans. Can you reuse the Stans from the tire or do you need fresh sealant with each tire change ?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Liking the idea of two sets of Maxxis tires, one for local easy trails, and some meatier ones for the mountains.

Question though about frequent tire changes with tubeless and Stans. Can you reuse the Stans from the tire or do you need fresh sealant with each tire change ?
no reason you can't reuse the stans, I have many times, but you may have to add a little to supplement.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
well I had this annoying creak in the bottom bracket on the climb that was driving me batty. Took the sucker apart toninght. First off the non drive side cup was barely snug, oops and when I pulled the BB and spun the axle, lets just say there must be a lot of grit and pitting on the bearing surfaces. Have to work tomorrow at a horse show so it looks like I will hit the shop on Monday and pick up a new Bottom Bracket...I love killing OEM stuff so that I can actually install something semi nice:brows:

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
well I had this annoying creak in the bottom bracket on the climb that was driving me batty. Took the sucker apart toninght. First off the non drive side cup was barely snug, oops and when I pulled the BB and spun the axle, lets just say there must be a lot of grit and pitting on the bearing surfaces. Have to work tomorrow at a horse show so it looks like I will hit the shop on Monday and pick up a new Bottom Bracket...I love killing OEM stuff so that I can actually install something semi nice:brows:
Bottom brackets are one of those parts that I cheap out on. My bike always seems to collect water in the bottom of the tubes and after a season or two the bottom bracket is usually cooked.

Which one are you going with?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Bottom brackets are one of those parts that I cheap out on. My bike always seems to collect water in the bottom of the tubes and after a season or two the bottom bracket is usually cooked.

Which one are you going with?
That's a mistake. XTR here. Rebuild that shit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Haven't done the xtrs yet but have done xt and ultegra. Easy peasy. Use a razor blade to pry off the dust cover, then again for the cartridge bearing seal. Degrease regrease reassemble. I repack with slick honey.
Are they actually serviceable or you're just busting it open? I have a crunchy SLX one here that I could try it out on.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
DoubleDown or RideWrecker casing?
Distributor only had them in a 2.3 EXO so I tried that. EXO results in the past have been fine. I'll pair it with a DHF or HRII in front.
I also have a pair of the e*13 TRS coming in their 50/61 compound, really interested in these.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nothing like good tires. I love the DHF on my DH bike but rolls too slow for 3 hour rides.

I really really like my WTB Trail Boss but I don't think they make them in 26"

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I also have a pair of the e*13 TRS coming in their 50/61 compound, really interested in these.
Me too. Once my WildRockr2s are cooked, and pending some real reviews, I'm keen to try the e13s.