Quantcast

Thanks to MTG

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
I've been wanting to thank MTG now for a while (about a year and a half I think), but I wasn't sure how to word it. I'm not sure where individual/company decisions are justified.

I had a frame that is not GG and wanted to build it up. I was looking for something particular and couldn't find any info. I contacted 2 local shops, some not-local shops and some big online stores. Nothing. I needed a resource.

I was on here and saw the "Guerilla Gravity, badass frame manufacturer" thread up top. I haven't really looked at it for a while cause I don't ride 29'ers and they stopped making DH bikes.

But maybe?

I found that MTG worked for them and being made in the USA (and me living in the USA) maybe he could help me.

I sent a PM and didn't get a reply. I wrote back a day later thanking him for his time. He wrote back within an hour apologizing for not seeing the PM.( I know I used to miss those notifications too.) He offered me the information I had been looking for. He gave me a resource I needed! Thanks to MTG, my bike was finished the way I wanted it.

I'm not sure if it was Matt being Matt, Monkey to monkey, rider to rider, or GG's customer service.

Anyway, thanks.

Let me know if I've crossed any lines.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
No surprise hearing this story. Setting aside the great bikes, my interactions with Matt and the others at GG are the primary reason I'm such a huge fan (and have had 4 GG bikes). Recognizing the many awesome people in this business is something we should do more of IMO.

That said, Matt needs to make a DH bike for me. :butcher:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
No surprise here either. @mtg is an awesome dude who stayed like 2 hours late with me at their shop a few years back building up a bike when I had requested a rental and there had been a mixup and it wasn't ready. I mean, he built the bike up (frame included) and set it up for me while we listened to megadeth and slayer. So awesome.

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
I knew there would be a @kidwoo response like that, lol. So, you’re saying you ride a bike with a dildo seat? Interesting.

@jstuhlman I forgot about the staying late to build that bike, but remember you getting the first ride on that rig, which turned into my bike later. Fun times.

@SuboptimusPrime I have ideas, if/when the opportunity is there.

This industry isn’t perfect, but the vast majority of people are looking to have fun on bikes. It’s cool to be a piece on that puzzle.