Quantcast

Thanksgiving just got a little bit better (more NFL news)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
NFL announced that T-day will have three games!

And I'm not sure, but I think they're doing double-headers on Monday nights. Cool, but not sure how that'll work.

My Dolphins take on the SuperBowl Champs, Pitt, in the season opener... as well as play on Thanksgiving in Detroit and sort-my Broncos play Thanksgiving night.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
LordOpie said:
NFL announced that T-day will have three games!
Excellent! That means that the TV will keep the bone-heads in my family away from the table & the good booze & the civil conversation even longer!
I figure I'll throw the 4 or 5 of them in the basement with the TV & a cooler of cheap beer & keep them quiet all day.:)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
BurlyShirley said:
Not to rub it in, but Kyle Orton won more games than Daunte Culpepper or ANY of the Doplhins sucky a$$ qb's last year.:rofl:
I believe Gus Ferotte was at the helm of all 9 Dolphin wins.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I Are Baboon said:
That third Thanksgiving game is at 8:00PM and will be aired on the NFL Network. HOORAY for my digital cable! :D
If NFL Network starts having more games, I'll demand it from my provider or switch :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
LordOpie said:
If NFL Network starts having more games, I'll demand it from my provider or switch :)
That's exactly why they are putting games on it. The uproar will give the cable operators a headache. We don't get it here yet. I've alreayd sent like a bazillion emails about it.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
NFL Netowrk is cool. They put together 15 minute highlight reels of every game that you can watch on demand for free (well, included in your basic digital cable package, anyway) :)

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I like the audacity of the NFL in trying to turn Thanksgiving into a football day instead of the holiday it is. The only thing sadder is how many people jump on the opportunity to rot away more of the day staring at a bunch of overpaid steroid users.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
I like the audacity of the NFL in trying to turn Thanksgiving into a football day instead of the holiday it is. The only thing sadder is how many people jump on the opportunity to rot away more of the day staring at a bunch of overpaid steroid users.
Well considering the NFL is getting $8 billion from the networks to air their games for the next six years, I guess they are doing something right. :cool:

The NFL isn't alone in the football/Thanksgiving tradition. Thousands of high schools around the country play football on Turkey Day and it goes back probably 50 years (football itself isn't too much older than that).

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I Are Baboon said:
NFL Netowrk is cool. They put together 15 minute highlight reels of every game that you can watch on demand for free (well, included in your basic digital cable package, anyway) :)
That's so awesome!

They should take that to the next step and make all games 30 minute TV shows... 22 minutes content, 8 min commercials. I'll still watch the few games in their entirety and live that interest me.

EDIT: And repeat them several times/week. After all, it's not like they've got a lot of content for the network now, yeah?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i for many am glad Football is supplanting the holidays counterfeit historical meaning with convuluted repurcussions.
A day for family and freinds to share a great meal is always going to be the main attraction, and Football is just a way to show off your new high definition t.v.
But i am bias i do understand the sport and enjoy watching it. Also as a side note and for accuracy, NFL was the first among major sports besides the Olympics to aggresively test for doping. Very much unlike Baseball, where i believe a true complaint could be wagered for player and owner alike.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
as a sports fan, usually either dallas or detroit sucks, sometimes both. a third team would ensure at least one good game...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
LordOpie said:
I believe Gus Ferotte was at the helm of all 9 Dolphin wins.
Yeah, and Kyle Orton was at the Helm of 10 of the 11 Bears wins. So, as I said...