Quantcast

That boy never listens......(lil manimal stair gap)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Ok...i had the ramp set up against the stairs because i was tooling around trying to step-up to manual on the stairs. so...noah comes home from gymnastics right before dark and wants to ride. we tool around a bit and then he says he wants to jump down the stairs onto the ramp. i say "no", too dangerous (which is very rare for me to say).
i turn around and hear a zip.....whoosh...and then, "see, i told you i could do it" i was like...huh! did u just........do it again!

so, to punish him for disobeying, i went inside and grabbed the camera ;)

it was too dark to get any good action shots so we'll probably head out tomorrow after he gets home from school and see how he does in the daylight. so i'll be sure to add those pics tomorrow. check the small vid link at the bottom. is only 1mb so quick download

anyway....only 3 decent pics came out, one of which is vid capture

getting ready for takeoff

vid capture....i couldn't believe how clean he was nailing it, he sure didn't get that form from me :D

my camera blows at night. but this pic was kinda neat

here's the linky to the vid. right click, save as http://freeridesouth.com/video/showVideo.php?id=909&filename=frsvid909.wmv

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Cooter Brown said:
Manimal, that is sweetness, thanks for sharing that

oh, and cherish the fact that your kids dig that
oh i do. it amazes me how much he loves to ride. i don't have to bring it up...it's just what he wants to do. i try to tell him often that i'm proud of him for trying so hard at riding but that i'd be just as proud if he didn't do that. i don't want him riding just to impress dad..ya know. i want him to enjoy it for him. he'll ask me, after a big stunt, "was that cool dad?...was that crazy?!" and i'll reply "yes! that was awesome....did u have fun?"

he went to bed tonight chatting about trying it again tomorrow....i can't wait!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
That's cool. When I was younger I did a lot of Gymnastics and I'm sure it's helped my riding/running/jumping/general atheletic ability more than anything else I've ever done.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
:stupid:

I dont have any kids, but of all the ones I know (and e-know) I agree Noah is the baddestass
I know tons of kids and am about to pop one out...I don't have too many high hopes for her jumping stairs (yet) but I would really love it if she enjoyed riding.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
that's sweet man, i hope when i have kids they end up like that. i'm not sure if i would have done that when i was 10. noah's gonna kill it when he's older.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
spacemanspiff06 said:
that's sweet man, i hope when i have kids they end up like that. i'm not sure if i would have done that when i was 10. noah's gonna kill it when he's older.
it's kind of sad 'cause not many of the neighborhood ride much and there are several 10+ year old kids that won't even try his ramp. but he's pretty cool about it and is always encouraging them to ride w/ him.

he was playing on a really spaced out 3-step thingy yesterday, the kind you find in sidewalks...not really a stair case but just 3 curb height drops about 2' apart. the sidewalk curves through the drops and he was flying through them, almost in a manual....had he not been so small he could've passed for gracia with his low and fast racer style. :thumb:

i can't wait to take him on a full fledged urban ride with the usual crew. it's nice that he can actually keep up now

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
That's awesome, always love seeing the lil manimal pictures. It's awesome that he enjoys riding so much.

i just dont know what to say.....so damn freaking cool. hell i dont knwo if i would hit that and actually land on the ramp, probably go for clearing the whole damn thing. adn from the video.....he actually noses into the ramp, so freaking cool....i hope my kids do that...once i have one

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Manimal...any chance y'all are going to be at Country Park this Sunday (weather permitting). I'm hopin to head that way from WakeForest with some of the other TMTB crew. I'll have my 2 kids w/ me...Jakes my 11 year old and he's a total ripper, and my daughter will be tagging along...she's 7 and just got a new Ibex (i'm sure Noah would like to try this bike and he would be more than welcome to. Hope this rain quits......:(

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Dude........Noah is the man.........sweet. We got our Noah a bike for Christmas so as soon as he's a bit more stable walking I'm going to start getting him used to it.........

That's really cool that you and Noah get to share that......that's stuff he'll remember for a lifetime.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Bushwhacker said:
Manimal...any chance y'all are going to be at Country Park this Sunday (weather permitting). I'm hopin to head that way from WakeForest with some of the other TMTB crew. I'll have my 2 kids w/ me...Jakes my 11 year old and he's a total ripper, and my daughter will be tagging along...she's 7 and just got a new Ibex (i'm sure Noah would like to try this bike and he would be more than welcome to. Hope this rain quits......:(
sorry, we'll be in fayett-nam for christmas w/ my mom. doesn't look very promising for the weather either. this ice on the ground will probably keep that freeze/melt cycle for a while. what is an Ibex? kids bike? got any pics?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Andyman_1970 said:
Dude........Noah is the man.........sweet. We got our Noah a bike for Christmas so as soon as he's a bit more stable walking I'm going to start getting him used to it.........

That's really cool that you and Noah get to share that......that's stuff he'll remember for a lifetime.

Shouldn't you get the little guy an arc, a canoe at least.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
manimal said:
Ok...i had the ramp set up against the stairs because i was tooling around trying to step-up to manual on the stairs. so...noah comes home from gymnastics right before dark and wants to ride. we tool around a bit and then he says he wants to jump down the stairs onto the ramp. i say "no", too dangerous (which is very rare for me to say).
i turn around and hear a zip.....whoosh...and then, "see, i told you i could do it" i was like...huh! did u just........do it again!

so, to punish him for disobeying, i went inside and grabbed the camera ;)

it was too dark to get any good action shots so we'll probably head out tomorrow after he gets home from school and see how he does in the daylight. so i'll be sure to add those pics tomorrow. check the small vid link at the bottom. is only 1mb so quick download

anyway....only 3 decent pics came out, one of which is vid capture

getting ready for takeoff

vid capture....i couldn't believe how clean he was nailing it, he sure didn't get that form from me :D

my camera blows at night. but this pic was kinda neat

here's the linky to the vid. right click, save as http://freeridesouth.com/video/showVideo.php?id=909&filename=frsvid909.wmv

Nice pics! Have you taken him out to the local BMX track, yet? It looks like he would tear it up...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
blt2ride said:
Nice pics! Have you taken him out to the local BMX track, yet? It looks like he would tear it up...
he rips it up at our freeride park which is pretty bmx-ish and he loves to go w/ me to the DS course. i have school on tues/thurs nights when the local bmx has practice and it's hard to get out there on a sat for races on the few saturdays that i don't work.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
manimal said:
sorry, we'll be in fayett-nam for christmas w/ my mom. doesn't look very promising for the weather either. this ice on the ground will probably keep that freeze/melt cycle for a while. what is an Ibex? kids bike? got any pics?
Yeah, I think we're screwed for this weekeknd.

Check out www.ibexbikes.com and check out the 320k. Its a true 20 inch mountain bike with some real quality components. Its a little pricey but IMO is well worth it. It aimed at xc...but a little kid could huck it for sure...its a really wll built bike.

Attachments