Quantcast

+++that Day-After Friday GMT+++

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm contemplating leaving the Nokians on my Land Cruiser through next winter.

Rationale: we have the LEAF as a 3rd car through the first week of August so between that and bike commuting I won't be logging much mileage, plus I probably won't have time to do any long or off-road drives this summer that would tear the tires up, what with the new kid due in May, anyway. Thoughts from peanut gallery?

Today is IKEA day for us. Random furniture to stock new-baby room. Tomorrow is Easter gig rehearsal and flying to San Diego (for conference) day.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
Flated on the ride in this morning. Just broke an allen wrench off in an airplane part. Eff today. :mad:
I did the exact-opposite. I put a tire finally on a rim, connected to a bike, ready to explore.
Not reading the weather for all day is the bad tool for me, it's drizzling. No way am I kitting up rain gear at this time and place.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bike maintenance day today. Leaving for Fruita/Moab manana. Spring Break in the desert!

Gonna take the kids on Kessel, PBR, Joe's, Mag 7, Deadhorse Point, Klondike Bluffs... probably going to hit up some 4x4 in Canyonlands and do some hiking in Arches as well. F**k yeah.

Laundry list of $hit done:

Oldest kid's inherited bike:
New fork installed
New rear brake
New tires front and back
New rear derailleur cable

Middle kid's inherited bike:
New chainrings
New chain

Youngest kid's bike:
Tube
Derailleur adjustment