Quantcast

That Johnny Depp sure is sump'm

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
So Charlie and the Chocolate factory. Pretty entertaining. But damn that guy can pretty much pull off anything. Just watched Fear and loathing again the other day. Watched Pirates of the Caribbean with my nephew a couple of weeks back. Sleepy Hollow was just on the movie channel two nights ago...Seen lots of Johnny Depp in the past month. No two characters are alike and he kicks ass every time. It's really quite sump'm...

The Oopma Loopas are great BTW......

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
My wife and I were just talking about him and his versatility as an actor yesterday. He's such a freak. (In a cool kinda way). I might have to go on a Johnny Dep DVD renting spree.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Depp in Dead Man is another strange one..... Also, dead man gets my vote for coolest music score in a movie. Its just neil young palying really reverb'd out guitar.....

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
actually ive nodiced a few things about each charactor that are similar in most of the movies. such as his eye and body movments..... take for example fear and loathing, when the guy brings him his parking stub and he looks up and makes a weird face, well he does exactly the same thing in neverland when his servant brings hima some silver wear.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
dirtjumpP.1 said:
actually ive nodiced a few things about each charactor that are similar in most of the movies. such as his eye and body movments..... take for example fear and loathing, when the guy brings him his parking stub and he looks up and makes a weird face, well he does exactly the same thing in neverland when his servant brings hima some silver wear.
So he made the same face in two movies? Screw this, I'll never watch another movie of his again.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
MMike said:
Seriously i can't think of a single actor who's played such diverse roles...

Except Tom Cruise. Cole Trickle and Maverick were completely different characters....
I can't believe you put the Short Shouter in the same sentence as Johnny boy. You really can't find an actor of a little depth and the best you can come up with is lost-his-mind-cult-religion-following Tom Cruise? :p :think:

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Barbaton said:
I can't believe you put the Short Shouter in the same sentence as Johnny boy. You really can't find an actor of a little depth and the best you can come up with is lost-his-mind-cult-religion-following Tom Cruise? :p :think:
I was being sarcastic......Days of Thunder and Top gun were the same movie......

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
MMike said:
Seriously i can't think of a single actor who's played such diverse roles...

Except Tom Cruise. Cole Trickle and Maverick were completely different characters....
How about:
Gary Olman (sp?) (fifth element, bram stokers dracula)
Raul Julia (adams family)
Kevin Spacey (midnight in the garden of good and evil, American beauty)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Reactor said:
How about:
Gary Olman (sp?) (fifth element, bram stokers dracula)
Raul Julia (adams family)
Kevin Spacey (midnight in the garden of good and evil, American beauty)
Tony Danza. He's played several people named Tony.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
MMike said:
I was being sarcastic......Days of Thunder and Top gun were the same movie......
oh good. :) sometimes i miss the esarcasm.

it's been entertaining to see how his and nicole's careers have diverged since they split. turns out she's pretty good, and he's still tom cruise.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I must admit that I haven't seen too many of his movies. However, he did a great job in "Donnie Brasco," which is one of my favorite movies...