Quantcast

that moonlite ramble thingee

toonces

Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
nowhere
i have a certain expectation of events on these types of rides (large mass gatherings) after doing a couple of Moonlite Cruzes in austin. i'm thinking of gathering a posse to go down there but...

i have some questions: what should i expect from this ride in houston? any drinking? laid back? college/post-college girls on bmx bikes and cruisers in low-ride pants and skate shoes? just curious. thanks.

oh, and is that $20/25 registration fee required? or just for support and other services?

toonces

stinky six

Chimp
Nov 12, 2001
watson, louisiana
Im gonna try to gather some people from BATON ROUGE to make it, or it just will be me. Tooling around Houston at 2 AM and then hitting some place for pancakes---what could be better. TON----YOU GONNA BE THERE?

_James_

Chimp
Sep 14, 2003
oakland
you are supposed to pay the 20/25 reg fee and you get a shirt but there are plenty of people who dont actually pay. Me and a bunch of other freeride guys volunteer to support the ride everyyear and have reserved the first corner, to us thats means that we have time to hit up downtown houston at 2am without many cops around. But the ride is fun you'll see people on moutian bikes, road bikes, bmx, those old time big wheel bikes, unicycles, recumbants, low riders, all kinds of stuff. But if you're interested in aranging a ride with some guys on big bikes drop me an email, i know a couple of us are going to be in town. A couple people are going to be at interbike (bastards) checking out all the new stuff for 2004. so just drop me a line if you want to ride downtown instead of 20 miles through a trashed up houston

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Originally posted by stinky six
Im gonna try to gather some people from BATON ROUGE to make it, or it just will be me. Tooling around Houston at 2 AM and then hitting some place for pancakes---what could be better. TON----YOU GONNA BE THERE?
i'm a little put off with group rides but i dont know i might, i'll have to see.
t