Quantcast

"..that six year old can wall-ride!" (Lil Manimal thread)

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i took noah to his first hardcore show tonight. it was at a local skatepark and the bands rocked! i haven't thrown down in a pit since i lived in socal back in '01. it felt so good to get back on the floor and go nuts. i'm so friggin sore now though :help:

anyway, noah wanted to ride the skatepark in between bands; his first skatepark experience.

he started by just riding up and over stuff, going up and back down the quarters and trying to jump the wedges. i put a board up to the box jump so he could drop it. he kept eying me as i'd hit one of the wall rides there and kept asking how to do it. he finally built up the courage and tried it. disaster. didn't get enough speed and tumbled down.
he got up and tried it over and over, about 6 times and then....he made it! i couldn't believe his persistence :eek:

anyway, he just kept hitting it faster and higher, eventually getting both wheels on the wall :hot:

so anyway, a couple of pics i took w/ my new camera. (will do another thread about that soon ;) )

short vid clip of his second clean run
http://media.putfile.com/noah-wall-ride

learning the quarter

wow! maybe the 5-6 years until he spanks dad in riding was a bit liberal :eek:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
This is only half the story. You guys should have seen Manimal dancing. He was the only cop there with a kid watching doing handstands.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
This is only half the story. You guys should have seen Manimal dancing. He was the only cop there with a kid watching doing handstands.
yes...dad brought out the old skool hardcore throwdown action to show the boy before it becomes a lost art ;) that was a pretty sweet handstand-tweak thingy to beatdown, if i say so myself :D

noah told my wife when we got home that "daddy was fighting a bunch of guys but they weren't hitting anybody" :rotfl:

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
manimal said:
yes...dad brought out the old skool hardcore throwdown action to show the boy before it becomes a lost art ;) that was a pretty sweet handstand-tweak thingy to beatdown, if i say so myself :D

noah told my wife when we got home that "daddy was fighting a bunch of guys but they weren't hitting anybody" :rotfl:
A cop hardcore dancing, HAHAHAHA thats pretty rad, hardcore pits are nuts

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
manimal your kid is gonna be a shredder!

now taking bets as to which NWD movie he will first appear in! I'm guessing NWD 15 or 16. In 10 years that kid is going to rip! and props for getting him into good music. I hope you gave him some earplugs.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
after watching the vids a few times i've realized how eager he is to learn. he kept sliding out at the top because he'd get fixated on the wall and not turn his head to look down. i noticed that in the vid linked above his head makes a sharp 90 degree turn down the ramp and his body and bike just follow.
now if i could only get him to listen that well for stuff at home :think: :D

and yes...he wore earplugs

another random shot i found of him hitting the grind box that looked pretty cool.

and yes, i did call him "lord helmet" all night :rotfl:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
dirtydirtysouf said:
reading this post brought back memories of ziggys in WS from my younger days(92'-03')

and noah is a fearless rider, id like to see that kid ride inperson one day
You must be a Swift fan then?

manimal said:
alex, did you get any pics of me flailing around?
Sorry man, I got nothing. I'm so sick of shooting film.