Quantcast

that time again, recommend some dinner

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
ok, no fast food.

something that makes for good leftovers would be swell as well. and something that is somewhat easy/quick to make. (too tired to want to spend much time in the kitchen today.)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
and I could have some giant toad thing on the side!

where's that puking smiley when I need it? blech!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
No instant solution, but if you want easy to make meals that require minimum effort look into a crock pot. Toss food in, set timer, go ride/work/sleep, listen for beep and eat.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Depends on what you consider quick and easy, but if you want good leftovers make some stir fry.

Chop up some steak, at least a pound, fry in pan on high with vegtable oil and soy sauce until mostly cooked. Drain excess oil and grease.

From here you can do almost anything... I usually put it snow peas, broccoli, green onions, and green peppers. I like spicy szechwan sauce, but you can use whatever you want(look for bottled sauces in the spice aisle). On top of the sauce I usually add some garlic salt and black pepper. If you like it really spicy add some hot sauce. Simmer the sauce and vegatbles on medium with the meat until it looks good then eat it.

It really doesnt take long to cook but you do have to celan your pan and cutting board, and you have to go to the grocery store.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
we gave our crock pot away when we moved....we never really used it much.

we do have a presure cooker though. good for all kinds of stuff. rice, cooked in 3 minutes.....crazy.

so far, I'm thinking;
some kind of mexi meal (meat, beans, rice and some kind of tortillia)
burgers of some sort (home made veggie or turkey, with oven cooked veggies)
turtle soup....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
quick and easy means less then an hour in the kitchen....

I can't eat Spaghetti anymore. that is one thing I've eatin way more then my share of.....

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
BillT said:
Roast a chicken or a small turkey...might be a little more effort, but if you get a big enough one, you'll have leftovers for days.

not too hard to do but it's actually cheaper to buy one already roasted...

good suggestion though. we can make about 3 meals from one of those.

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Skookum said:
Only takes 15 minutes to walk up to the Asian store from your house and 45 minutes to boil him in a pot. :thumb: :monkey:

haha, 2 minutes to the asian store. then, across the street to the other asian store for Pork Bungs and a quart of blood. :heart:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
take a look in the beer/food forum for my pork shoulder recipe. if you buy it tonight, you can eat it tomorrow (but someone's gotta turn on the stove before you get home from work.)

a good failsafe quick/fast meal is white beans and pasta. just add some garlic, fresh parsley, and pecorino romano and yr good to go.