Quantcast

That's a lot of Bull

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, F-ing dipshit.

I'm convinced people treat dangerous animals like this because their experience is with deer that are inherently afraid of people.

When you try that shit with animals that are not inherently afraid of people or skittish, like bulls, moose, bear, etc., this is what happens and you are an idiot for thinking you'd get away with it.

I at least make sure a moose is on lower ground than me and a few feet off the trail and pointed away, out of rear stomping range and it would essentially have to turn around or back up, both of which take a fairly significant amount of time. This is after ensuring there are no baby moose nearby that I'd be crossing paths with. The distance varies with how rough the terrain is and how quickly I think the moose could get turned around and go after me. In most cases, I have to wait a while, far enough back, for them to get to this position. If you get closer, they tend to "freeze" and not keep wandering on and off trail and eating, then in the "frozen" state they are basically waiting for you to leave, so you get closer, shit starts to get real.