Quantcast

That's hot....

J

JRB

the Inbred said:
is that supposed to stop me?

i carry a hacky sack in my backpack.
You may need :help:

edit - or were you talking about teabagging????

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i used to carry it with me on rides. then i actually tried one day while wearing my XC shoes. kinda hard.

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
dirtjumpP.1 said:
me too, i like most people.... but hippys arent people they are like filthy chimps that can talk (or attemt too)
Kind of like your feeble attempt at spelling?

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
ioscope said:
ura CLOSET HIPPY THE iNBRED
better than being a a closet stupid ****ing moron.

juuuuust kidding. i'm bored, it's friday, i just ate myself to death, now i'm tired, but i want to work on my bikes.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
That was the first time in a few months that the internet actually had me laughing. I declarethis the best thread of today!

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
dirtjumpP.1 said:
straight up b funk
FWAHAHAHA, straight up Spokan Crip! :thumb: Leave the hippies alone. They're ok, just smell a bit funny and lack personal hygiene. Altho, I would like to tranq one, clean it up, cut its hair, wash its clothes (ok, more like burn its clothes and get new stuff), and stand by w/ a vid camera to see if it wigs out when it wakes up. :D

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
there is a kid in one of my classes that was a little hippy at the beginning of the semester. he cut his dreads, shaved, and starting wearing different clothes. he's hardly recognizable.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
the Inbred said:
there is a kid in one of my classes that was a little hippy at the beginning of the semester. he cut his dreads, shaved, and starting wearing different clothes. he's hardly recognizable.
He was tired of The Man keepin him down.

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Why all the hate for hippies? Has anyone ever met a mean hippie? No, they're almost all nice people, who happen to a different idea about priorities. I hold some hippie ideals, but not showering isn't one of them. Why does American culture find it so important to subdivide and categorized people into neat little groups?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Enginerd A2 said:
Why does American culture find it so important to subdivide and categorized people into neat little groups?
It’s because bigotry is very much alive and well in the US and change is feared. I personally don't dislike them, just can't stand to be around ppl emanating body funk, or worst yet petuli (spelling?). Oh, just FYI, I have met some mean hippies (I guess you'd call them jack hippies).

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
I'll agree that the B.O. isn't cool. Patchouli just smells like fresh dirt to me, so it makes me think of good thinks like digging in the dirt and getting dirt, i.e. it doesn't bother me too much. I don't think I've ever met a mean hippie. I have met some pretty sketchy people who were borderline hippie, but they had more the hippie appearance than the hippie attitude. I think everyone is guilty a small pang of bigotry when someone who appears to belong to a certain group does something that upsets us, i.e. white trash families (among others) who don't tip my waitress girlfriend (she's got a short fuse). The key for me is to treat every person on a case by case basis, don't lump 'em in with anyone else until you (at least somewhat) get to know them. *steps down from soapbox* And people who suck suck because they suck, not because they're hippies or rednecks or gangstas or whatever else.

J

JRB

Enginerd A2 said:
Why does American culture find it so important to subdivide and categorized people into neat little groups?
Because we are hateful people. It looks like some Canadians are that way too. Folks get to a comfort level, and when someone breaches that, they freak out. There was no reason to, but they thought there was.

*your other posts is one of the most rational things I have read here in a long time. Good jorb, even if it was a little preachy. :thumb:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i don't actually hate hippies. hate's a strong word. i dislike a lot of them. most notably, the whiney ones who bitch and protest every god damn thing.

as for the equality thing...yeah, that is just impossible. our brains would have to be reprogrammed. maybe when some new society comes along, but until then, ain't gonna happen.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Wow, I think this is the first time a thread on RM that featured cleavage in the first post has been derailed....impressive, I did not think it possible.

The Ito