Quantcast

The $100 Cooler

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This puppy will last for decades! Steel is real.

It is just like the ones my parents have from the 70's & it was still kicking until recently. I only wish they still had built in bottle openers.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
TN said:
This puppy will last for decades! Steel is real.

It is just like the ones my parents have from the 70's & it was still kicking until recently. I only wish they still had built in bottle openers.

I've got an original one of those in forest green.

I hope the new ones are much better insulated than my old one is because mine doesn't keep stuff cold long compaired to my modern plastic ice chests...

J

JRB

I hope you are planning to head north west with that thing in a little while.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I had the stainless version of that cooler. Looked nice, but I returned it because it couldn't hold ice for a day, yet alone the 3 days they advertise. Let me know how your's performs, maybe I had a bum cooler.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I have one of those I bought a few years ago. Mine is all stainless except for the bottom. It keeps stuff cold fairly long, usually about 3 days. The one thing I don't like is that stainless finish shows dents and dings more than the above finish probably would.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Seeing this reminds me of looking for a cooler with Tomac once in durango (sorry, I name drop)....we needed one to put drinks in for a ride in farmington, we stopped at market and he actually shopped around for the styrofoam ones, the $5 one was too expensive, 3$ too expensive, he settled for a 2.49$ one.

He never would have sprung for this steel one. ;)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
stiksandstones said:
Seeing this reminds me of looking for a cooler with Tomac once in durango (sorry, I name drop)....we needed one to put drinks in for a ride in farmington, we stopped at market and he actually shopped around for the styrofoam ones, the $5 one was too expensive, 3$ too expensive, he settled for a 2.49$ one.

He never would have sprung for this steel one. ;)

To-who?
;)