Quantcast

The 2005 Parkfield Classic MTB Race

biketar827

Chimp
Mar 11, 2005
Just a reminder that the Parkfield MTB race down here in Central California is coming up very soon. October 1st and 2nd actually. We were just out there yesterday working on the trails and everything is looking great.

Check it out at www.cpslowheelmen.org and click on the Parkfield link!

Don't forget that we have 1000's of dollars in raffle prizes being donated from VAS, BOB, CBO, Art's, SLOCAL Clothing, and many more!

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
beaverbiker said:
ill be there for sure. drinking my ass off and doing midnight downhill runs with beer, and without lights
Can you get Jill to shuttle us again. I want to see more drunk people and bikes fly out of the truck on the shuttle.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Metal said:
Can you get Jill to shuttle us again. I want to see more drunk people and bikes fly out of the truck on the shuttle.
I remember last year some jackhole driving around late a night screaming WAKE UP!!!! and blaring a horn. ;) I haven't been riding much but I might go up just to hang out and take photos. :)

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Carbon Fetish said:
I remember last year some jackhole driving around late a night screaming WAKE UP!!!! and blaring a horn. ;) I haven't been riding much but I might go up just to hang out and take photos. :)
Were you one of the people I woke up. I thought I just woke my own team up.
I guess I was drunk. The drinking started between the first and second round of the dual.

This is a race everyone needs to come to. It is by far the most fun race of the whole season.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm coming. Hopefully I can a full suspension in time. What do you think about my hardtail w/ a 5" fork on there? What is on the course? Do you need any help?

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Metal said:
I guess I was drunk. The drinking started between the first and second round of the dual.

This is a race everyone needs to come to. It is by far the most fun race of the whole season.
HAHA! Nice. I left that night because Charles from UCI wasn't feeling well. I'm glad I left when I did because I wouldn't have been able to get out in the morning with my riced out Volvo.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
Are you guys having the same old NORBA official? After 4 years I have seen him run over a racers bike, smoke weed, give way too many prayers and lecture us on safety way to much!

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
whoopnar said:
Are you guys having the same old NORBA official? After 4 years I have seen him run over a racers bike, smoke weed, give way too many prayers and lecture us on safety way to much!
I believe his name is Aaron. The fact is, he's been doing the race for more years than I can count. His familiarity with SLO's program, the people, the racecourse, and the small details of running Parkfield have made putting on the race much easier for the Wheelmen. It doesn't make sense to break in a new official when they already have an experienced official willing to help.

Btw, he's lectured on safety each and ever year. And guess what? Riders still seem to get careless (g-out and the "whoops" on the xc course come to mind) and end up being airlifted out.

I was right next to his truck a few years ago when he ran over that dude's bike. It was a totaly idiot move, but he did reimburse the guy for the bike, so he did make amends.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
mtnbrider said:
I'm coming. Hopefully I can a full suspension in time. What do you think about my hardtail w/ a 5" fork on there? What is on the course? Do you need any help?
You don't need to bring a full suspension for this course.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
reflux said:
You don't need to bring a full suspension for this course.
Dittto..
Two years ago I had a V-10 and a hardtail and raced my hardtail.

Last year it was all about mud. This year it's all about red bull and beer.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
Metal said:

Hhahahahah!!!

I just took a good look at this picture. Erik is like four feet behind you, and he still looks twice your size!

That's a huge B!#@h

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
bomberboy11 said:
That Erik Barton to Sanjay's right?
while barton might be known for carrying a permanent spare tire, this Eric is known for carrying a spare Mac truck. Eric broke three Bullitt´s before coming to his senses and getting a p3. Now he rides a Giant warp.... but he will be at Parkfield again...

Hey if you guys pay for my plane ticket, I would love to come to Parkfield. I´ll even bring some Absinth for ya. Good luck yall´s, and don´t forget yer pixies.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Alicante, Spain. Anyhow, go one, go all, for Parkfield rocks the fall!

And do bring some obstacles/launch ramps for the pixie race. Someone needs to film the pixie race and post it on the net!

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
bikenweed said:
Eric broke three Bullitt´s before coming to his senses and getting a p3. Now he rides a Giant warp.... but he will be at Parkfield again...
Check that! Eric broke down and bought a Big Hit! With Gears!

Bikenweed - Hows the Spanish dirt? Did you ever figure out how to assemble the Yeti?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
manwithgun said:
So, are there any official requirements or restrictions for this class?
The only requirements that I am aware of are that the bike needs to have 12" or 16" wheels, a coaster brake, and stock gearing/cranks. Also it needs to be as hooptie as possible. It should break down at least a couple times during the night.

Edit: bikes also need to be slightly fire proof

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
5 or 6 years ago I was an innocent little kid and got groped by a bunch of girls while walking up the dual slalom course during the pixie race. I also had my butt grabbed by some girl who thought I was her boyfriend(me=5'5"...her boyfriend=6'3"). I was shocked and astonished and hope that there is a repeat of these actions when I show up again this year!

Are women and beer provided in the registration fee for the pixie race?

I'll bring some 151 and make sure stuff gets lit on fire :sneaky:

Sounds fun, I am so there(just gotta survive mammoth's XC course first)

The Ito

bomberboy11

Monkey
Jul 15, 2005
At a computer...duh
Ummmm last I saw of Barton he was in pretty decent shape, not Lance Armstrong shape, but he was no fatass. We talking about the same one that was riding the orange disco for a long time?