Quantcast

The 2006 Dodge Charger

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
dh girlie said:
Really? How can they market them as Hemi's though? I'm curious cuz I was interested in the 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Hemi...I need more power! Those bastards...
Probably something like the "hemisphere" at the top of the cylinder has a radius of something near 1000 feet. It looks flat, but technically it's hemispherical.

I don't really know.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Looks like Dodge forgot it was making cars and not a children's toy from a comic book :p

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Um they could of at least made the Charger look like the old one. Ford came closer with the mustang. It looks like every other car then put out.

<wiping the puke from my mouth> Both the Dodge and the Honda are fugly as all could be. Wouldn't buy either one. Now if the Honda didn't look like the Avalanche and looked like a regular truck, I'd have to give it a look. (Honda reliability being the reason.)

Now if this were to come out, I'd be all over it. (Too bad it won't though.)

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Some cars today I wish werent even out on the road. They look cheap and bad. Personally I would take a 69 Charger over the new one anyday even if it was covered in rust. I like the way America is going with the smaller, more powerful cars instead of large SUV's, even though they are here to stay. That Chevy looks wicked. Chevy is doing the right thing with the new Corvette and now this. Dodge on the other hand, all there cars have similar characteristics. The Charger looks like the Stratus, the Strautus looks like the Magnum....and so on. Maybe all the cars in the would should look like the Pontiac Aztec..... :nuts:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
El Jefe said:
Umm, from where are you getting your info?
from popularhotrodding.com
Cylinder Head
The advantage of a hemi design of combustion chamber is that the valves (and most importantly the intake valve) are always moving away from the shrouding effect of the cylinder walls (Fig 2) as they lift off the seats. However, the new hemi is not actually a true hemi as per its 426-inch predecessor. The hemi style of combustion chamber was put to good use during WWII when the output of supercharged aero engines could basically decide the fate of nations. For a two-valve combustion chamber, the hemi layout not only allows the largest valves to be accommodated but also to have the highest flow efficiency. The downside of a true Hemi configuration is that it does not respond well to a high compression ratio that inevitably requires a combustion-inhibiting, high-domed piston. For an engine with a typical bore/stroke ratio, this means it works great with a supercharger and CRs less than 8.5:1, but not as a normally-aspirated unit with 10:1 or more. To get around this problem the new Hemi has the sides of the true hemi form filled in. With the two spark plugs it is equipped with, this allows all the advantages of a true hemi, including blower capability, along with the ability, if required, to successful utilize high compression ratios.

Also the new Hemi engine is not very efficient for a modern engine - there are lots of better designs out there...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
mrbigisbudgood said:
What's funny is that the new Hemi motors aren't even Hemi motors. It's a big marketing scheme.
No the funny thing is that they're all made in mexico and purchased by a bunch of racist rednecks.