Quantcast

The 2009 MacWorld Expo Thread

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Too bad Jobs will not be giving the keynote (unless he makes a surprise appearance) since apparently it's the last expo for Apple at Moscone.

Just talked to a buddy that works for Apple and he pretty much confirmed the new and bad ass Mac Mini. If it's black, that will be a bonus and look great next to my new TV.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
For a home computer, I'm seriously considering making the switch on my next purchase. I want to have a full on computer hooked up to my TV and have all my media come out of it. Seems to be the most elegant way to do things.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
I just got back from the Apple store. I checked out the new Dreamweaver CS4 on a Mac Book Pro with 4 G of ram. So fast.

Today was the only day that I could go there as it's 1.5 hours away and I needed to pick up my replacement keyboard.

It will be interesting for sure what's in store for the mini.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
my mini's getting a bit long in the tooth! but it'll have to wait until the fall at least. too many things to pay for that are a bit more necessary than a snappier computer in the near term... :D

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
my mini's getting a bit long in the tooth! but it'll have to wait until the fall at least. too many things to pay for that are a bit more necessary than a snappier computer in the near term... :D
I have still have the last real PPC Mac Mini, all newer are PCs - Apple made hardware the switch, not vice versa :busted:

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
I hate MacWorld. Every time it happens my computer becomes more outdated, and I want to buy something new. Other then that keep the new stuff coming. I hope they have something cool in the ipod field this year. I need a new jukebox.

swerve76

Monkey
Aug 30, 2003
nevada
from engadget.com

"9to5Mac is reporting that a unibody, 17-inch MacBook Pro will be announced at Macworld, following in the footsteps of the previously released unibody 13 and 15-inchers. The rumor, backed up by some "whisperers" at Macrumors, isn't really an earth-shattering surprise -- though the accompanying revelation that this model is expected to have a slim, extended-life, non-removable battery is rather eye-opening -- and somewhat disappointing, considering the lameness of non-removable batteries. We'll know for sure on Tuesday at the keynote.

Update: Apple Insider is now independently confirming the imminent arrival of the unibody 17-incher, and also corroborating the fixed internal battery theory."

Non removable battery just sounds stupid to me.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
My Mom finally got on board. She has been sending me DVD's she is making with iMovie from all her past vaccations (which is a lot).
I never thought I would see the day. Mind you she is a lady pushing 60.
She keeps telling me she wished she had joined the club earlier. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
won't you need a new machine to process the RAW files from yr new camera?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
15 inch screen is the biggest you can get for a laptop from apple....bummer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I would like to apologise on behalf of all on here then.

Now please go and have your morning coffee.
I've already had 2 cups, does this mean I can have more? :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mac. I just don't feel the need to have a parade about it.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've already had 2 cups, does this mean I can have more? :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mac. I just don't feel the need to have a parade about it.
Always room for more coffee.

I know what you mean, but I've had mine for just over a week now. :D

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Since when? The 17" has been around for a long time and is reportedly getting an update tomorrow to the new form factor.
I loved the look of my 17" powerbook, but hauling it around was a pain in the ass. As a desktop replacement, it's awesome.

I went from that to my 9" Aspire One. No more back problems.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Since when? The 17" has been around for a long time and is reportedly getting an update tomorrow to the new form factor.
unless i wasn't looking hard enough....i did not see one on their site.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
won't you need a new machine to process the RAW files from yr new camera?
i'll just wait 30 min per shot :D . i do have 2 GB of RAM and a terabyte and a half of storage available to me, it's just the processor and graphics holding me back. even tho it's precious my time is still worth less than money at this moment...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It's funny that a bunch of bike nerds are just as nerdy about computers. I'm always excited for MWSF, but lets not forget that CES is going on right now as well!

I am more intrigued about this "larger" iPod touch there has been talk of. I have enough computers, I want more toys damn it! (and by want, I mean, I can't afford, but want to go play with them at the Apple store. )