Quantcast

The 2012 NFL thread

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Net rushing yards by super bowl winners in the past 8 years, starting with the most recent:

50, 51, 58, 91, 191, 181, 112, 127

Notice a trend? The results from a nearly ten billion dollar enterprise doesn't agree with you...
:stupid:

A decent running game is not necessary in today's NFL.

Oh, and "MY TEAM! MY TEAM! MY TEAM!"
Just wanted to keep with the thread's consistency. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Jeez. I thought the officiating last week was bad.

Last night was, hands-down, the worst officiating I've ever seen by an order of magnitude.

I think the Patriots were called for more nit-picky stuff in general, but both teams and both sides of the ball had simply awful calls and non-calls. Christ, they could at least keep some consistency - if they're going to call every little touch for pass interference/holding, then do it and don't ignore obvious push-offs. Plus, they'll flag all this little crap, but when the teams are headed towards a general brawl, nobody will toss a flag to settle things down?

How did it affect the outcome? Who knows - but it did affect it, significantly, and it has gotten absurd. These guys are way out of their pay grade.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's a great bargaining chip for the owners to go back to the table with the real refs. In a sport where everybody gets paid really really well, I'm glad to see the refs using their considerable clout to eff over the owners and their teams.

We piss and moan all day long about athletes striking for more money, but God forbid our teachers do it...sheesh.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Jennings had the ball. Pure BS.
This. But the game was thrown back and forth so many times by the refs, who knows who would've won with real officials. Off the top of my head: Sheild's pass interference, Chancellor's pass interference, and Mike McCarthy's first down challenge all seemed like bad calls to me.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This. But the game was thrown back and forth so many times by the refs, who knows who would've won with real officials. Off the top of my head: Sheild's pass interference, Chancellor's pass interference, and Mike McCarthy's first down challenge all seemed like bad calls to me.
Fans and commentators always focus on the last few plays of a close game even though every play during the game could equally affect the outcome. Muff a play or call in the first quarter an no-one cares, pretty silly if you ask me. Either way this season has had some horribly ref'd games.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Classic: a Replacement Referee Fantasy League with points awarded for ineptitude
http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purdy/ci_21628649/mark-purdy-nfls-real-refs-not-starving

y new league works the same way all fantasy leagues do. You put money in the pot. Then you pick your favorite performers -- or in this case, your favorite inept crew of replacement officials, the ones being used in place of the locked-out experienced officials during this labor dispute. You pick one crew per week, then receive specific points for every atrocious or nonsensical call. Most points at the end of the lockout wins.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
This. And what about the 8 sacks? Whoop whoop! Nice work there Hawks!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I realize the 49ers defense is a beast, but MY GOD does Mark Sanchez suck!
:stupid:

I'd be happy to consistently throw the ball away and generally be useless for half what they're paying him. Wouldn't make much difference to their chances.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Can't believe that Bills/Pats game. Bills couldn't establish the running game but overall they were looking good. First half was solid... and then the Pats just came out after the half firing on all cylinders.

Also, who would have thought last year, when they released BJGE, that Ridley was going to be a quality substitute?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Can't believe that Bills/Pats game. Bills couldn't establish the running game but overall they were looking good. First half was solid... and then the Pats just came out after the half firing on all cylinders.
You sound surprised by this... it happens every time the Bills play the Pats. When the Bills lose it's usually because they don't remember that there is a 2nd half to football games.

Just another week in the life of a Bills fan :(

Last edited: