Quantcast

The 2013 NFL thread

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
their defense looks good....

i don't think they will ever win a playoff game with cam newton.
I admittedly didn't see the whole game. Their defense looked great, Newton did make some bad throws but he's shown before that he can play a lot better than that. Whether or not he will is a separate question I suppose.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i have a feeling we will see the b!tchy little girl side of cam before the end of the season....the one who sulks under a towel on the sidelines....

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
As a Bills fan did you really expect them to do well? With Manuel's first game back after the injury?

They did exactly how I though they would do so I worked on projects around the house instead of wasting time watching the whole game.
granted they were playing the steelers, who are absolutely terrible this year - so it could have gone either way. i went for a trail ride instead of watching the game.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I just thought it was funny that all the hype was, as usual, OMG MANNING BRADY BOWL compounded with the Denver offense being so high scoring this year... and instead it turned into a mess of fumbles, interceptions and ended with a muffed punt.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Dear Lions,

Thank you again for building a team with talented players. Thank you again for going on a small win streak and looking "for real" and tempting me into drinking the honolulu blue kool aid. Thank you again for allowing me to get sucked in and waste 3 hours on yet another sunday only to see you start down the path of "same old lions" and if so and so keeps tanking as well we have a chance and if so and so loses we could still win the division and get blown out in a first round play off game.

Thank you lions. Thank you.

Signed Kickstand.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
^ Regardless of what the Lions do each year, I love watching Calvin Johnson.
He's unreal. When Stafford is on he's pretty unreal too, but he throws a lot of "Brett Favres" and it ends up costing.

But Calvin, dude is just so big, so strong, so fast, so open even when he is double covered. Very much enjoyable to have on your team.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
He's unreal. When Stafford is on he's pretty unreal too, but he throws a lot of "Brett Favres" and it ends up costing.

But Calvin, dude is just so big, so strong, so fast, so open even when he is double covered. Very much enjoyable to have on your team.
I don't remember who, but some sports writer said, in an article, that Calvin Johnson is one of those guys who makes it exciting every time you see the quarterback wind up for a deep throw. Like, "Holy crap, he's going deep!" and an opportunity to watch something stupid, like Johnson going up amidst triple coverage to pull down a ball that shouldn't have been thrown, and couldn't possibly be caught.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
That's a pretty good explanation. Seeing him live in person at the stadium he is just a monster. His hand strength to go up and get those catches is what amazes me the most I think.

Thanksgiving Eve....go lions, please, please, please don't let Matt Flynn set another NFL Passing record against you as he has already proven multiple times over he is not a very good quarterback against ANY other football team in the NFL.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't remember who, but some sports writer said, in an article, that Calvin Johnson is one of those guys who makes it exciting every time you see the quarterback wind up for a deep throw. Like, "Holy crap, he's going deep!" and an opportunity to watch something stupid, like Johnson going up amidst triple coverage to pull down a ball that shouldn't have been thrown, and couldn't possibly be caught.
Commenting on a team you are not a fan of? That is unheard of in this thread!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Dear Texans,

You lost because you STINK, not because the Patriots are a bunch of poopyhead cheaters. You are 2-8. Teams are not spying on you because they don't have to.

Sincerely,
Football
with no offense to x3pilot

HAB, have fun at the game tonight! I need Seattle to shut down the Saints offense so I get the fantasy win. Of course, half of Seattle's defense is suspended, speaking of cheaters...