Quantcast

The 21st Burfday Rite of Passage

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I have been tasked as the master of ceremonies for a friends 21st birthday bar crawl this evening.

Bizarre drink suggestions? I'm new to this whole "annihilate someone else's liver" thing.

Thus far I've got:
-Adios Motherfvcker as the night ender
-Blowjobs

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
A bartender gave our friend a "tidal wave" on her 21st birthday.

He mixes up a blue drink, and tells her to close her eyes while she takes it. He starts telling her to picture herself on a tropical beach, the sun shining and the sand between her toes. He tells her to hear the waves crashing on the beach, and then to take the shot...

...and then he hits her with a shot of water from the spray hose.

:D

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
The best case... Kamikaze (cause it tastes good)
If you want to end the night... Mind eraser! (it does what its name sais) one shot of Kahlua 2 Shots of vodka a splash of club soda on top... suck it down with a straw from the bottom up... 2.5 minutes is about all it will take to show its effects!

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
anti-freeze shots. Galiano, Midori and Vodka. one thing my friends and i did to each other was a shot every 15 min. until he puked. then it was every 30 min.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
1/2 gallon of port wine is the best rite of passage i can think of....try to beat 7 minutes and eat lots of meatballs and a whole order of calamari and some clams. beforehand..

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
A bartender gave our friend a "tidal wave" on her 21st birthday.

He mixes up a blue drink, and tells her to close her eyes while she takes it. He starts telling her to picture herself on a tropical beach, the sun shining and the sand between her toes. He tells her to hear the waves crashing on the beach, and then to take the shot...

...and then he hits her with a shot of water from the spray hose.

:D
This I like.

I should get her to wear a white t-shirt...

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
i never quite understood this rite of passage.
empty the contents of the bar mat into a shot glass.
I've done that more than I'd like to admit. Stupid. I've also told waitresses to make me something strong. Again, stupid. Never any happy endings.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I'm guessing it's too late to pitch in, but as Loco says, tequila!

Get some Absinthe in as well. Nothing says "It's my 21st, can I have my clothes back?" like Absinthe.

In NZ, the traditional 21st drink is the 'yardy'. I mentioned this in another post: a yard-long glass of beer which needs to be twirled as you drink to pour smoothly. You are timed by the way. The record is 5 seconds, but I found this on wikipedia:

It is a popular tradition to receive a yard glass as a gift for coming of age celebrations on one's 21st birthday in Australia and New Zealand, and consume the full glass during one's birthday party. This is usually timed for fun and comparison.

A yard glass in New Zealand generally holds between 6 and 7 beers (just over two litres) substantially larger than the English version. As such it can take anywhere from 2 minutes onwards to consume a full New Zealand yard.
I've seen it done under 30 seconds...

Last edited:

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
The worst shots I slung to people on their 21st were normally to frat boys. The bar I worked in had a free shot on the 21st bday policy. The bad thing was that the bartender chose the shot. Most people got punished. We would actually bring stuff in to make up shots for the weekend.

Urine Sample - Beer and tequila mixed with a little salt in a highball glass warmed to room temperature in a microwave.

Monkey Brain - well tequila or mezcal with a chunk of spam dropped in. You add a bit of grenadine and it circles the spam. Unfortunately for the drinker, the spam will normally stick in the throat.

Gasoline - Well vodka, tequila, and whiskey.

White Trash - Well whiskey and RC cola.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Drink list for the 2-hour evening:

-Approximately 5 bartender birthday concoctions
-Birthday cakes
-Kamikazes
-Blowjobs
-Irish Carbombs

And, to cap the night, flaming Dr. Peppers.

She had a good time, remembers most of it, and didn't end up puking. Great success!