Quantcast

The Annual Ridemonkey Secret Santa, v.2018

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Everyone should have their pairing! If you don't have it, wait a few minutes and/or check your spam filter.

I tried to make sure that nobody got a duplicate pairing from the last couple years, but no promises further back than 2016 (I changed the tool I used that year, so I don't have the old data). Also: I don't see the pairings (it's all automated so that I can participate) so let me know if there's a problem.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
That is why I didn’t want to make it specific we are a bunch of bike dorks it’s all about the commonality and the weirdness! (Also local to the giver)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Local beers acquired... including a limited one that I had to go get a number for an hour before the release.

I mean, I got it for me... but I also snagged one for my monkey!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm just excited to be here. This has always been a fun thing to participate in, the gift hunting and anticipation, plus seeing what everyone else is getting / giving is a good time.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I've started acquiring items too. This is fun!

however, I've also been tracking other items I ordered for myself... Canadian postal workers were on strike in November... and were mandated back to work last week. but... there apparently is a massive backlog: "for International parcels: Delays are likely to stretch into March of 2019. International items will require screening by the Canada Border Services Agency. We are working in partnership with them to manage the significant existing backlog."

so I have a request for whoever wound up with me... please don't use the postal service... and also please don't use FedEx. They're almost as bad. Vorsprung said it best: "Do not use FedEx for international shipments. They are not capable of working out what a temporary import is, and they are also not capable of telling us whether there will be import duties at the the time of delivery, which slows things down by weeks."

Last year they tried to collect taxes and duty. I pretty much ignored all their collection requests, but a) I'm not confident I'll get my stuff back, and b) I don't trust they can tell the difference between a gift and a purchase.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well with the force of Amazon my gifts have been shipped. I hope the quality of the gifts will make up for the lack of personal delivery.

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
Real gifts acquired, weird additive commencing assembly prosses, shipping tbd... I think it will be funny but not the first time I was the only one who laughed.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Main gifts purchased, waiting for delivery of the last item. I'm gonna try and make it to the brewery tomorrow to see what they have left this week to add in.