Quantcast

The Annual Ridemonkey Secret Santa, v.2018

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
thumbnail_IMG_2330.jpg

Just got my box from the letter carrier. Thank you @binary visions . Ill get these cold as soon as i get home and start drinking them. The water bowl is quite needed as well. I really appreciate the donation, ive given many bikes to kids here, and across the border. I collect all the junk bikes i can find for the purpose. One of my tenants fixes them and takes them down now as my time is more limited. Anyways Thank you, and merry Christmas.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
delivery of my package delayed from thursday to tomorrow...fingers crossed usps doesn’t eff it up even more. excited to get home on sunday and see if anything arrived!

vinny4130

Monkey
Jun 11, 2007
albuquerque
@Konabumm you are welcome! Once I get rolling it’s hard to stop my wonderful fiancé helped me and it was super fun! If the spoke bracelet doesn’t fit or it’s not your thing and someone smaller wants it I’ll get one that fits, a family member makes them. Hence the card!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I got a sweet box of goodies! Love it. The BBQ stuff is awesome. Can't wait to try out the sauces and rub. Shirts fit great and I've been needing a multi-tool since my other one has disappeared somewhere. Sweet swag and box o' goodies. I could tell there was coffee in there without even opening the box haha.

Bummed, since my shipment said it would be delivered today, but should be there tomorrow. Just hoping it's a delay and not an issue with the package.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I got a sweet box of goodies! Love it. The BBQ stuff is awesome. Can't wait to try out the sauces and rub. Shirts fit great and I've been needing a multi-tool since my other one has disappeared somewhere. Sweet swag and box o' goodies. I could tell there was coffee in there without even opening the box haha.

Bummed, since my shipment said it would be delivered today, but should be there tomorrow. Just hoping it's a delay and not an issue with the package.
Make sure to read the box you can store a master link in the multi tool
I'm glad you liked everything

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Sorry I I want going to open till Xmas but, now I understand why! All liquid vessels arrived unopened! And I am excited to try them, I’ll post pics. Bearded Monkey looks like a pretty rad shop!!
Sweet! Yeah, get those puppies cold! I also understand the desire to wait until Christmas, but it is not the monkey way, haha. Bearded Monkey is a good shop ;) that t shirt is made by a guy in Bellingham who runs Balance Lifestyle Company. He has a bunch of cool t shirt designs on his webpage! I almost sent a bearded monkey shirt also but your package was getting full! Beer makes good packing peanuts. haha cheers!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Woah.

Pretty big, heavy box. Let's see what's inside...
IMG_20181222_135451.jpg

So... spray foam insulation? Weird. Okay, let's dig in. Bunch of gifts, neat. But there's this huge block of foam. It's suspiciously heavy for just being foam. Let's look a little closer... Is that... a beer?
IMG_20181222_135622.jpg

Challenge accepted! This was a bit of a disaster to pull apart, and some of the wrappings seemed to turn themselves into sticky goo that I'm still trying to get off my hands.
IMG_20181222_135847.jpg

But the contents were badass. Custom gear all around - Ridemonkey mugs and coasters, a cool metal box, keychain bottle openers, and a metal minimalist wallet. None of this looks off-the-shelf, I assume it's one of the metalworking monkeys? No note. I have a guess, based on past years custom machining. I could dig through my email logs but don't want to spoil it if the Santa doesn't want me to know.

Four new IPAs, and a pair of smartwool hiking socks (seriously, these were on my Christmas list for my own family, how did you know?) round out the package. Awesome and big thanks!
IMG_20181222_140756.jpg

IMG_20181222_140826.jpg

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Haha I was probably overly worried about the bottles getting broken. I’ve used that method before on sensitive parts, but usually have pallet wrap on hand to keep it from sticking, which I think I ran out of. Totally forgot to put something in there saying who it was from. It’s been a mad rush for me the last couple weeks with packages going out and wanted to make sure it hit FedEx in time so I made due with what I had on hand.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Haha I was probably overly worried about the bottles getting broken. I’ve used that method before on sensitive parts, but usually have pallet wrap on hand to keep it from sticking, which I think I ran out of. Totally forgot to put something in there saying who it was from. It’s been a mad rush for me the last couple weeks with packages going out and wanted to make sure it hit FedEx in time so I made due with what I had on hand.
No worries! It was just an adventure getting apart and I don't know what caused this glue stuff to get all over :monkeydance:

Is all this metalwork yours? It's awesome. And the skull on the bottom of the box is super cool!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
No worries! It was just an adventure getting apart and I don't know what caused this glue stuff to get all over :monkeydance:

Is all this metalwork yours? It's awesome. And the skull on the bottom of the box is super cool!
Yes. I made everything that’s metal. The box and wallet are anodized aluminum. The bottle openers are brass and one offs that I did just to send. Might end up making more. The logo is my company logo. Hope you enjoy!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
BLC is rad, thanks for the correction!!! I’ll get some more from him in the near future! Merry Christmas to you all! Thanks again boostindoubles!
Right on, BLC has some cool stuff. Enjoy the beers, I hope they all taste good. Some may not, I pulled them out of the work stash. The beer is sent from all over the country by customers of ours. Cheers dude, hoppy holidays!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
holy shit that’s awesome. @kazlx needs to figure out a way to make the RM logo into a bottle opener. the mugs are killer too.
That’s easy actually. Mulled around a few things, but ultimately didn’t want to make all the gifts about the monkey. So just whipped up something else.

@kazlx ...
Holy smokes. Nicely done man.
Can we get a :monkey: mug group order going after the holiday crazies?
Thanks. For sure. The mugs and coasters were surprisingly easy through vistaprint. Maybe someone a little more Illustrator savvy than me can clean up the logo. I imported into my CAD stuff. I’m fine in Ai for lines and stuff but horrible with brushes and lines and colors since I never really do ‘art’ with it. I just use it for dxf line files.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
@jstuhlman hooked me up with some tasty stuff and permanent access to the courtesy phone. The inflator and tubeless repair kit will help with my goal to lighten the weight of the gear I ride with, the beer will counter the savings. Thanks a bunch for the awesome gifts.
15455170489341191403963126766645.jpg