Quantcast

The Annual Ridemonkey Secret Santa, v.2018

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Welcome, Monkeys, to the annual Ridemonkey Secret Santa, version 2018.

Ho Ho Ho, merry Festivus! Santa says you've been a good enough boy or girl that you deserve a selection of microbrews with a side of federal shipping law violations!

Enrollment will be open through the end of Thanksgiving week, and I'll send pairings out that weekend.

Interested but don't know what to expect? Here are the last few years' threads with enrollment and photos of the awesome gifts everyone received:

https://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2017-edition.279411/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-for-2016.277651/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2015.275104/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2014.271057/

Requirements:

• This is open to all Monkeys in the US and Canada who have registered on RM by January 1st 2018.
  • The minimum you need to spend is US$30-35. More is fine, but that's the minimum.
  • Pairing will be totally random.
  • The person you send to will NOT be the person who sends you a gift.

How To Enter - Send an email to rmsecretsanta@gmail.com:

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS FORM INTO YOUR EMAIL:

Username:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
Phone # (only used in case of lost packages):

Wish List:
(Please list at least 3 to 5 items, under US $30-35 dollars. Include your SIZE or other important info where required. If you don't have a wishlist that is OK but you might not get what you want from Santa)

All participants must be willing to ship to Canada or US, there has been no interest from people overseas so this is only open to Canadian and US residents this year.

Dates:

• November 23rd: Enrollment closes. All emails must be sent by midnight on Nov. 23rd.
  • November 25th: All entrants will receive their pairing information.
  • December 24th: All gifts must reach their recipient on or before Christmas Eve.
    • Note: I am not going to enforce this on cross-border packages (Canada<>US). I will expect that these packages will be sent in a responsible timeframe, but expedited international shipping is expensive, and things happen in customs.

Packaging Requirements:

• The packaging must be work safe. Feel free to stick another box inside with the usual RM stuff, but the outside of the box needs to be work friendly.
  • You must provide tracking numbers to me at rmsecretsanta@gmail.com!
  • The past few years haven't had a lot of interest in a packaging prize, but if we get at least 5 or 6 photos of decorated packages this year, I'll pick a winner and send a small prize!

If you do not send a gift you will be permanently banned from Ridemonkey.com

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
im in! i found this gem from @amishmatt from last year that i didnt notice until i reached for a new box of tape

edit: no idea why pic isnt loading into message

Last edited:

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
im in! i found this gem from @amishmatt from last year that i didnt notice until i reached for a new box of tape

edit: no idea why pic isnt loading into message
Haha! You never mentioned it so I assumed you didn't see the same humor in it that I did.

Been slacking. Need to get a list together and register.

*Edit, I'm in.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think I can actually participate if @binary visions is okay with it? I will be in the US big part of December to get a taste of freedom. I have an address to ship to and I can either ship when I get there or ship via Amazon for the gift.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think I can actually participate if @binary visions is okay with it? I will be in the US big part of December to get a taste of freedom. I have an address to ship to and I can either ship when I get there or ship via Amazon for the gift.
It's fine with me!

@Kevin international shipping is just murder. A package of any decent size runs $40+ just for shipping. :sadmonkey:

Besides, don't you want Freedom™?

Disclaimer: Freedom™ is only available in limited quantities. Primary recipients of Freedom™ are rich white men. Remaining quantities will be considered for distribution on a case-by-case basis. Cheeto-in-Chief reserves the right to deny Freedom™ to anyone.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
It's fine with me!

@Kevin international shipping is just murder. A package of any decent size runs $40+ just for shipping. :sadmonkey:

Besides, don't you want Freedom™?

Disclaimer: Freedom™ is only available in limited quantities. Primary recipients of Freedom™ are rich white men. Remaining quantities will be considered for distribution on a case-by-case basis. Cheeto-in-Chief reserves the right to deny Freedom™ to anyone.
Yes I fully understand.
Ill be following this thread, like every year, in the comfort of knowing how free you guys are over there.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Waiting on a certain knucklehead to send me his address before I send out the notices... also, to the late entry, you were included :monkey: