Quantcast

The asian store near my house STINKS!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The town where I went to college had a grocery store called the Big M that smelled half way between a pet store and old people.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
manziman said:
so, I understand how my comment was offensive..yadda yadda, but H8R's comment, which implies more about eating the actual dog itself, isn't? that's why I hate you guys..
The joke went WAY the f*ck over your head kid. Go back and re-read the posts.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pnj said:
there are two asian stores near my house. one has whole deep fried fish, pork bung, quarts of blood and assorted intestines....

the other one STINKS to high hell. they have so much fish stuff, live and frozen. I went in to get some simple veggies and some ramen noodles, I got half way down one of the isles and seriously gagged. I thought I was going to puke right in the isle. :dead:

What in tarnation is pork bung...and why would anyone need quarts of blood and assorted intestines...I'm gonna gag just reading this...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dh girlie said:
What in tarnation is pork bung...and why would anyone need quarts of blood and assorted intestines...I'm gonna gag just reading this...
you know exactly what pork bung is.

and the assorted intestines are in a giant container with salad tongs. you get to pick out what you want.

but that is from the good store. the store across the street is the super stinky one. it seriously smells like someone took a dump in the isles sometimes.....

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pnj said:
<snip>the store across the street is the super stinky one. it seriously smells like someone took a dump in the isles sometimes.....
When I lived in the Bay Area we had a local Chinese market. There was a full isle devoted to tiny dried fish in plastic bags. That isle smelled like the Grim Reaper had come by and disemboweled a thousand babies on the shelves.

I'll bet it's the tiny dried fish..... follow your nose and discover the root of the stench.

-S.S.-

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
Come on. Pork bung is like calamari. Only............ chewier. :eek: :dead:

-S.S.-
The ghetto grocery store in Oaklnd is the nastiest place ever.

You can get pork tails. It's a pig tail with an un-washed chunk of anus attached.

Yummy!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
H8R said:
The ghetto grocery store in Oaklnd is the nastiest place ever.

You can get pork tails. It's a pig tail with an un-washed chunk of anus attached.

Yummy!
I wonder if a great chef could make something palatable out of pork bung.

Might be a good premise for a Cooking TV show. Get the nastiest ingredients you can find and have some famous chef try to make something edible out of them. :dead:

-S.S.-

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
dh girlie said:
the blood is used as a base for soups and sauces. Intestines actually is pretty flavorless but absorbes whatever flavors you cook it in. It is mostly used for the texture.You've heard of tripe right? That's intestines. Chinese folks ain't the only ones to use intestines in cooking. Where do you think Italian sausage skin is from?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I should point out that I was dragged to these kinds of stores and live poultry butchers as young boy, and it was very disturbing the smells.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
pnj said:
you know exactly what pork bung is.

and the assorted intestines are in a giant container with salad tongs. you get to pick out what you want.

but that is from the good store. the store across the street is the super stinky one. it seriously smells like someone took a dump in the isles sometimes.....
Ummm no I don't (well at least not until now) I am a very picky eater...I read the ingredients on everything I eat...I could live off the childrens menu in most restaurants (grilled cheese, peanut butter and jelly, chicken breast strips)...I do not eat ANY chinese food, Indian food, any fish, shell fish included, and I'm very particular about any meats I eat...beef must be very lean and very well done, no pink...chicken...only boneless skinless chicken breast and I cut it up into tiny pieces as not to eat a vein. No sausage...blech...it sucks being this picky, but I have a very weak stomach.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
You're missing out on alot of great stuff. But I guess if you'd ralph it'd be dumb to eat it. :D

-S.S.-
This is what I hear...I really don't understand why I'm like this...my parents say I was the worst as a kid. I recall when I was about 4 or 5...we were eating chicken for dinner...and I had a drumstick on my plate...I was thinking...this was a chickens leg and it was alive...and I forgot while I was eating something else for a second, and went to pick it up and remembered and threw it across the table...HaHAHAHA...but it does suck, it's no fun...it's hard to be a guest at someones house for dinner...I'm always sending my burgers or steaks back to be cooked...sucks... :(

Apr 3, 2005
12th smartest state
SkaredShtles said:
I wonder if a great chef could make something palatable out of pork bung.

Might be a good premise for a Cooking TV show. Get the nastiest ingredients you can find and have some famous chef try to make something edible out of them. :dead:

-S.S.-

they already have that....its called fear factor without the famous chef

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
pnj said:
Jr- where/what is your local asian store?
Lynnwood - not far from the hospital...like,...a few blocks south of 212th on 99

The sign is not what you'd expect, I imagine that unless someone told you to go there, you'd never figure out it was an asian market, or even a market at all...

It's called something like "Nature's Market" and the sign is green and white with those roman looking curved leafies around the name.

I found it because I was looking for a live crab to cook and eat - and my local "store" was out -and recommended this place.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
pnj said:
there are two asian stores near my house. one has whole deep fried fish, pork bung, quarts of blood and assorted intestines....

the other one STINKS to high hell. they have so much fish stuff, live and frozen. I went in to get some simple veggies and some ramen noodles, I got half way down one of the isles and seriously gagged. I thought I was going to puke right in the isle. :dead:
Which ones are you talking about? In the int'anl district?

clancy98

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
i think its snakes and snails and puppy dog tails.

or lions, tigers and something else.....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
SkaredShtles said:
When I lived in the Bay Area we had a local Chinese market. There was a full isle devoted to tiny dried fish in plastic bags. That isle smelled like the Grim Reaper had come by and disemboweled a thousand babies on the shelves.

I'll bet it's the tiny dried fish..... follow your nose and discover the root of the stench.

-S.S.-
K- uhm - those things are like SO terribly tasty. you must try them once before you turn up your nose...mmmmmm

Think of them like fish potato chips - crunchy, salty, and delicious - but not so good with salsa

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Jr_Bullit said:
Lynnwood - not far from the hospital...like,...a few blocks south of 212th on 99
Wow...blast from my past. I grew up right around there. When I was a kid my parents would drive down to Uwajimaya in Chinatown every weekend for groceries. This was waaay back before it became the gleaming megaplex that it is now.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
DamienC said:
Wow...blast from my past. I grew up right around there. When I was a kid my parents would drive down to Uwajimaya in Chinatown every weekend for groceries. This was waaay back before it became the gleaming megaplex that it is now.
Ya - I don't worry about heading down to Uwajimaya - there's too many local marts that are super cheap, and meant for Asians only. It helps that my Japanese is still at least rudimentary, so I can make myself understood...though the looks I get (yes yes, blonde bimbo does speak nihongo)...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Jr_Bullit said:
K- uhm - those things are like SO terribly tasty. you must try them once before you turn up your nose...mmmmmm

Think of them like fish potato chips - crunchy, salty, and delicious - but not so good with salsa
I presumed that they were probably some sort of snack thing. My point was just that they stunk up the *entire* place. I'd never take something like that home with me.

I'd try 'em at someone else's house, though. They could keep the stink, then.

-S.S.-