Quantcast

The avy cult...

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Hahaha! Nice thread.

I too am a devouted Avalanche cultist...
Best damn suspension available, I'm happy my first post on this site could be made in a thread this worthy of greatness...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Ok, you guys have convinced me. I now need avalanche shocks for my lawnmower.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Racer-X said:
Mr. Collins - before i start i'd like to give you props for that drop in the link from HCOR,that's definitely one of the best looking "natural" drops i've ever seen.i'd hit it in a heartbeat.

granted,you can't really tell that from the internet,but GET A CLUE.

QUOTE]

ok...speak for yourself....i flat out guarantee no matter who you are you wouldn't hit that in a heartbeat....you have no idea what it looks like, and how technical it is....trust me...it's looks like cake in picture....not the case man....thanks for the props though...it took 5 day to build so i'm glad it was so well recieved....

another thing....the reason i chimed in is that you made an immature little comment trying to bracket people that ride avalanche's and say they just superior shocks so they can ride off loading docks...i just came through to put you in your place...

if you ever come to cali you can ride off that drop in a heart beat...just call me so i can take pictures and call 911 for you

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
zahgurim said:
Hahaha! Nice thread.

I too am a devouted Avalanche cultist...
Best damn suspension available, I'm happy my first post on this site could be made in a thread this worthy of greatness...

not much greatness here....more like a bunch of kindergarden kids fighting over the toys..... :mumble:

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Ian Collins said:
Yeah people only buy iPods because they are cool...
Well... ummm... yeh.
I said "image" as well as "product"... not saying anything negative about iPods, nor Avalanche shocks, as they're both great products... but moreso saying something about the chest beating fanboys that pledge blind allegience to their product of choice.
But hey, sounds like someone's got a sensitive spot, as they're a bit too quick to defend their product of choice whilst overlooking what other people have actually said in their comments.

Avalanche and Hope threads are funny, we need more of them...

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Rik said:
But hey, sounds like someone's got a sensitive spot, as they're a bit too quick to defend their product of choice whilst overlooking what other people have actually said in their comments.
yeah...i think someone needs a nice calming glass of warm milk, a good tummy rub, and a soothing frontal lobotomy....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
In the land of avy we eat our own. MMMMMMM!
Damn this thread has turned out to be sweet, I see more pissing and moaning than I do with my wife. I think I'll stay married it's not as crazy of a union as I thought.
AVY! AVY! AVY! AVY! AVY! AVY!
Just had to put that in there.

By the way that was a sweet drop, you'd have to roll slow not to overshoot it and thats gonna take some confidence with no speed or centrifical motion coming from your tires.

I can drop big as long as I have some speed, I'd a landed and flopped around on my side looking like I was break dancing.:D

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
zedro said:
yeah...i think someone needs a nice calming glass of warm milk, a good tummy rub, and a soothing frontal lobotomy....
well...if a mod's going to shut this down, i think our little fairy friend just gave them a reason...cute..."lobotomy"...cute....and you're always preaching about maturity....

IC

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
To sum this whole discussion up in a blink of an eye I will have to conclude that AVY shocks are unbeatable and simply the best

as for this thread which I think was supposed to be about nice bikes and shocks it has turned into a lot of old grumpy men....the conclusion to that is about this...

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
My *ahem* was small, wimpy, and used to blow quickly. That all changed when I got an Avalanche, now I can hit anything with no fear of lacking performance when it counts.
Sounds like a late night informercial for something that's more likely to be advertised via spam email.

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
This thread was never supposed to be a pissing match. just ppl who love a product so with that being said here is my beauty taking a lil roller

Attachments

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I think everybody or atleast most people just had a hard week and need a good ride if possible to bring back possitive moods, for those of us who have rideable weather and for those of us who don't it's coming real soon. WWAAHHOOOO! Springs almost here and then summer. Race season, free riding till the evening, road trips, open ski lifts.
Hopefully this sheds an ounce of what it's like.
It's been another long winter but biking seasons almost here.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
bullcrew said:
I think everybody or atleast most people just had a hard week and need a good ride if possible to bring back possitive moods, for those of us who have rideable weather and for those of us who don't it's coming real soon. WWAAHHOOOO! Springs almost here and then summer. Race season, free riding till the evening, road trips, open ski lifts.
Hopefully this sheds an ounce of what it's like.
It's been another long winter but biking seasons almost here.
Youre wife lets you do all that???

Racer-X

Monkey
Oct 16, 2004
SNOWSHOE
Ian Collins said:
ok...speak for yourself....i flat out guarantee no matter who you are you wouldn't hit that in a heartbeat....you have no idea what it looks like, and how technical it is....trust me...it's looks like cake in picture....not the case man....if you ever come to cali you can ride off that drop in a heart beat...just call me so i can take pictures and call 911 for you

hahaha,not to drag this on any further....BUT

riiiiiiiight :thumb:

to quote a popular 'gangsta rap' song of the present:

"you don't know ME"

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
ChrisRobin said:
Youre wife lets you do all that???
No but thats where the bickering comes. :D
I put the stratos back on. I haven't found a fork yet that keeps up with it on big drops. It is in the same feild with ny avy 275 dhs as far as plushness and impacts.
You were right about biting the bullit on a little bit of weight. It's worth the little extra.
Thanks chris

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Actually I'm self employed so the job hours are not the issue. She actually lets me ride anytime I want with little to no problem at all. I run with her in the mornings for 7-10 miles and make breakfast for our daughter then she does the rest.
I AM LUCKY! She's hot and wild + in love so 7 years later it was a good match.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
snowskilz said:
This thread was never supposed to be a pissing match. just ppl who love a product so with that being said here is my beauty taking a lil roller
WOW...I just LOVE your bike !!! Foes Mono with Avy...it does not get any better :thumb:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Brian, maybe I should email your wife and give her the link to the Avalanche website, more precisely the 'price' list. You'll never see the light of day ever again.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
ChrisRobin said:
Brian, maybe I should email your wife and give her the link to the Avalanche website, more precisely the 'price' list. You'll never see the light of day ever again.
Actually she knows how much I spend on bike parts and other toys. We actually still have seperate bank accounts, but our names are on each account. She has her spending $ and I have mine.